New revision Nintendo Switch soon? (HAT-001)

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Izotov, Feb 12, 2018.

1. matt123337

matt123337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Canada
    Tomato Hentai and TR_mahmutpek like this.
  2. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    Nintendo could in theory, but if I remember it correctly from the 34c3 talk, Nintendo already use up all the space available for patches, so they can only change the patches at factory.

3. matt123337

matt123337 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    Canada
    Oh, I don't even remember that being mentioned, guess I'll have to re-watch it at some point. Even if that wasn't the case they would have to issue a new hardware revision if the fix to the exploit is more than a few opcodes.

4. linkinworm

linkinworm GBAtemp Maniac

May 30, 2008
    Birmingham (England)
    my guess would be that its just new parts from manufactures that offer some changes, or possible thermal redesign of some sort, they wont be making any sort of new switch any time soon, I can't see how they can really given they are limited by the joycon dimentions as is.

5. B4rtj4h

B4rtj4h Gaming addict #2 and some

Apr 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    Bikini Bottom
    I dont need a bigger switch. This screen is good like this.

6. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    it's too early to see them Reacting to the Exploits we have w/ a new hardware (they'd likely go w/ a FW update and eFuse burn or manage a way to way to update the patch at boot) a new *Retail* Revision likely would be fixing flaws like Thermal flaws (then again most thermal issues is in Dock-mode where that dock has real poor ventilation considering the switch's exhaust fan/vent is on the top and the dock is designed as if the switch was ment to have a vent in the back, ) Screen Issues, improved NANDs that warrant a new revision (or more less fixing multiple issues at once, (would be nice to see a External Adapter that allows for charge+TV Mode but the switch only recognizes the dock as an acceptable Display and verry rare few non-standard displays on its "Display Port over USB-Type C" (and the dock does a lil HDMI Conversion there,) HAT is likely the Naming scheme for the Dev (TOOL) units, just find it funny that they chose "HAC" for retail units as if they were just baiting the community,

7. froggestspirit

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    maybe budget versions? like handheld only, or tv only?

8. JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2017
    United States
    I can't wait for Nintendo to release something better than the first model of the switch like the "Switch Pro" or "Switch XL".

9. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Addict

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    HAT does sound like a devkit to me. If it is a new devkit then I'd expect in preparation of a different formfactor. Most likely for a "Switch TV" that ditched the battery and screen, as I think it's too soon for an eGPU addon or more powerful Switch.

Tomato Hentai likes this.
  10. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico
    It just a matter of time when Nintendo start sending switches with bootrom patched so start getting your switches if you dont want to loose that entrypoint

11. SoslanVanWieren

SoslanVanWieren Banned

Banned
    Feb 6, 2017
    Australia
    could be a switch xl or mini the 3ds xl came out a year after the normal one.

12. JPnintendo

JPnintendo GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2009
    Argentina
    I think it is a dev device. But would be great to see a 64 - 128 - 256 Gb models, just like cellphones for example.

MrFrodo18 likes this.
  13. osaka35

osaka35 Instructional Designer

GBAtemp Patron
    osaka35 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    so a switch that...doesn't...switch? Many of the accessories wouldn't work. Plus, marketing would hate it. Can't call it a switch without being inaccurate, but using different branding would be a nightmare too. I don't doubt they'll come out with something a bit more kid friendly...but this won't be the route they take. And it'll be a while still.

Last edited by osaka35, Feb 13, 2018
  14. DeoNaught

DeoNaught I break all the warranties

Aug 22, 2016
    United States
    Constant Fear
    it'd be an off switch, that stays off

osaka35 likes this.
  15. sj33

sj33 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2013
    Japan
    The Japanese market is crying out for a smaller, sturdier, more kid-friendly Switch. It’s why the 3DS range still sells in huge numbers. The kids I teach all own 2DS because it’s peace of mind for parents. The Switch is not well positioned to replace it.

16. SimonMKWii

SimonMKWii GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 18, 2017
    Australia
    Melbourne, Victoria
    This literally just means that the Korean Communications Commission has approved the release of the Switch devkit in South Korea.
    Nothing major at all.
    The next hardware revision would be "HAC-101" anyway.

17. einstein95

einstein95 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2013
    New Zealand
    Not to mention
    • HAT-002 - EDEV
    • HAT-003 - SDEV Cradle
    • HAT-004 - Relay Box

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  18. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i tip my hat to you sir :creep:

19. XxShalevElimelechxX

XxShalevElimelechxX GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2016
    Israel
    Hmm, usually if nintendo makes a new hardware revision they put 101 instead of 001 in the model name (like the GBA SP, which had the frontlit model [AGS-001] and the beloved backlit model [AGS-101], but there are a few exeptions IIRC) instead of changing the model name.

Tomato Hentai and SimonMKWii like this.
  20. einstein95
    This message by einstein95 has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Feb 13, 2018, Reason: Not an imageboard.
    Feb 13, 2018
  21. Justeego

Justeego Member

Newcomer
    Feb 24, 2017
    Italy
    Next Switch version will be a cheap home console with no portability at 150-200$ to appeal home console market