Hacking New revision Nintendo Switch soon? (HAT-001)

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how tf do you have this information

Also I have a gen 1 switch so I be good in case of revisions. Yay.

Brawl345

Trophies
Website
wiidatabase.de
XP
Country
Germany

Attachments

• C2hN6WIVQAANCSG.jpg-large.jpeg
    C2hN6WIVQAANCSG.jpg-large.jpeg
    242.8 KB · Views: 1,220
Last edited by Brawl345,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google Translate (there seems to be only some mentioning about WLAN equipment)

Certification status search result
Mutual NINTENDO CO., LTD.
Device name Specific low power radio equipment (Wireless equipment including wireless LAN)
Model name HAT-001
Derived model name
Certification number R-CMM-NIN-HAT-001
Manufacturer NINTENDO CO., LTD.
Country of manufacture China
Certification date 2018-02-12
This makes me think it's for the Online service coming in September. Maybe voice chat??

Reactions: plushifoxed

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this just a devkit? EDEV has HAT-002
source: https://www.wiiubru.com/forum/index.php?threads/switch-development-units-sdev-and-edev.105/

EDIT: more: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/mino...nintendo-switch-development-hardware.1337230/ also mentions HAT-001 as SDEV, so it's just one of the devkits.
No. This is a development device, those always have different model number than the retail units (such was true with 3DS with the Panda units)
Correct, this is a devkit. Since at least the GameCube, the first part of the devkit model number has used a code similar to the retail code (or early name), but with a T instead of the third character, indicating Tool.

Examples:
  • GameCube: Retail == DOL-001, NR Reader == DOT-001, TDEV == DOT-006
  • Wii: Retail == RVL-001, NDEV == RVT-001, RVT-R Reader == RVT-002, RVT-H Reader == RVT-005
  • Wii U: Retail == WUP-001, CAT-DEV == WUT-001, CAT-R Reader == WUT-002

Last edited by GerbilSoft, , Reason: +TDEV

Nyteshade714

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Nintendo 3DS XL
  • NEW Nintendo 3DS
  • NEW Nintendo 3DS XL
  • Nintendo 2DS
  • Nintendo 2DS XL
I'd say we're due for a Switch console revision relatively soon, I'm just not sure that's it.

Last edited by Nyteshade714,
Reactions: weatMod

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
idk how the coding will work on the switch, but all past consoles haven't changed the product code on the console unless there was a specific design revision, while lots of motherboard revisions did exist it wasnt ever really reflect on any external stickers

i.e the 3ds has at least 3 motherboard revisions for the o3ds XL but all of them are simply marked with the same product code on the case but are marked differently on the PCB itself, usually for Nintendo they have something like CTR-CPU-01, minor revisions would be marked via a increment like CTR-CPU-02, and a major redesign to the PCB is usually given a jump to the first number I.e CTR-CPU-20

Last edited by gamesquest1,

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
idk how the coding will work on the switch, but all past consoles haven't changed the product code on the console unless there was a specific design revision, while lots of motherboard revisions did exist it wasnt ever really reflect on any external stickers

i.e the 3ds has at least 3 motherboard revisions for the o3ds XL but all of them are simply marked with the same product code on the case but are marked differently on the PCB itself, usually for Nintendo they have something like CTR-CPU-01, minor revisions would be marked via a increment like CTR-CPU-02, and a major redesign to the PCB is usually given a jump to the first number I.e CTR-CPU-20
Yeah, the wii was the same thing, there was the Boot 2 error found in the day-1 wiis, but patched out hardware wise shortly after, and then wii's also have different revs inside the wii.
Like og are 6-layer boards, but some of them also have 4-layer, which is a slight big difference, but they were sold the same, and No one was told, so I see your point

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, not exactly unused; wrong word. Think Wii's GC ports, or sometimes due to component consolidation.
Nintendo usually only changes the model number if there's a significant user-visible difference. Wii minus GC ports ("Family Edition") was RVL-101. GameCube minus the digital A/V port was DOL-101. Interestingly, they did *not* change the model number for the GameCube that removed Serial Port 2 (still DOL-001), most likely because Serial Port 2 was only ever used by debugging hardware.

As an example, there have been several Wii motherboard revisions over the course of its run, including die shrinks for the main CPU and GPU. The disc drive board was also changed to deter piracy. None of these changes (aside from the removal of the GCN ports) warranted a change in the model number.

TerminatR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Portable only Switch. Joycons not removable, smaller screen. No dock

Think something Vita sized compatible with all Switch software. Why would Nintendo do this? A cheaper option to help smooth the lower income families of portable only 3DS users over to Switch.....

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Portable only Switch. Joycons not removable, smaller screen. No dock

Think something Vita sized compatible with all Switch software. Why would Nintendo do this? A cheaper option to help smooth the lower income families of portable only 3DS users over to Switch.....
I doubt it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM