Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New Review - SuperCard Lite Rumble

Official GBAtemp Review

Here's the official GBAtemp review of the SuperCard Rumble. Why so late? Because the SuperCard team promised a better updated client with more options for the rumble feature, but after waiting a couple of months the software never surfaced so we have to review it with what is available.
This is just a quick hardware review that mainly covers the rumble feature.
  • icon11.gif
    ÂSuperCard Lite Rumble
I'd like to thank KickTrading for supplying us with the SuperCard Rumble for the review. And would also like to thank WinSunx for providing me with a rumble pak for comparison.

Please leave your comments on the review in this thread.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
This is just a quick hardware review that mainly covers the rumble feature.
I always loved your definition of "quick"
tongue.gif
it's such a nice review !
now get your ass working on the R4 review
biggrin.gif
*pshhh*

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
QUOTE said:
FYI; regarding GBA compatibility - we know the SuperCard rumble series have had the flash memory removed that's primarily used for loading and playing GBA ROMs thus stripping the SuperCard Rumble series of their GBA support, but not entirely. You can still load GBA ROMs under 32Mb on the cart. So it's not ruled out completely, this is good news for all the GBA homebrew out there.

How can i load gba files? If I put a .gba file on the microsd card it wont show up in the menu of supercard?

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Rumble can't play GBA games.

- Sam

it can if its under 32Mb or 4MB

i remember something about renaming to .bin and patching it
Interesting. I tried a 3,98 Goomba ROM using .gba and .bin, but they don't show up in the menu. I boot my flashed SDL in GBA mode by holding Select. The SC GBA loader loads but doesn't show Goomba.

/edit: I patched Goomba renamed to Goomba.bin using SC Lite 2.57 patcher, but patched Goomba.bin won't show up in loader. I'd be very happy if Goomba would be playable.. so if anyone knows a way, please share
smile.gif

jelbo

Ōkami!
Trophies
Website
cursors.pocketheaven.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
At Scdev I read someone saying the SCLR doesn't have any RAM at all, as opposed to M3LP, which still has some. Therefore I believe the info about 32Mbit/4MB GBA ROMs in the review is false. shaun66, have you tested it, or was it something you assumed?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1