Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New Review - Neo2 SD

Official GBAtemp Review

jumpman17 has written his full review of the new 'Neo2 SD'; Another new product from the infamous Neo Team that need no introduction! Will this product be a winner or will it be a repeat of their past products? Read our full review to find out!

Click the image above or the link below to go to the review.
Please leave all comments in this thread.
  • icon11.gif
    Neo2 SD Review

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you ask me it even doesn't fit flush in the phat DS cause half of the SD card sticks out (similiar to how the CF card sticks out of SC CF).

ugly_rose

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this product a joke? Sure, they are hot on the trend with no GBA-support - started by DS-XTREME - but surely, they could've at least made an effort?

CYatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason I'd get this, is for their SNES/64/MD cart, which hopefully won't suck that bad. And that's only if i do need this specific cart for that thing. Probably will though..

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
DCEmu seem to love the Neo2!
blink.gif
9/10??
So the Neo2 will "soon" link up with Snes, Genesis, and N64 for retro fun? Seems like I heard about this a few months ago. So what's the story on the upcoming retro-goodness robot? Is it vapor or are they really working on this?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Geewhiz, how unexpected!
Why do people sell their stuff? Surely retailers must get a lot of bad feedback and angry customers.
My mate bought an MK3 and never stopped complaining about the lack of updates. Couldn't they at least try to get their old stuff working first!

At least they could just make a cheap knockoff of another cart. Maybe then they could get better compatabilty straight off.

And what is the story with that DCEMU review!?
wacko.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
galaxykidgamma: This is a review of the Neo2 SD, they have a Lite friendly version called the TF which apparently plays GBA games too.

SpaceJump: The actual Neo2 fits flush with the DS, it's the SD that sticks out which is I have "SD card sticks way out of the DS" as a con. If you use a Mini SD, it doesn't stick out nearly as bad but all I have are normal SD cards.

ugly_rose: The "trend" DS-Xtreme has isn't so much a trend as a hardware issue as running GBA from slot-1 is much harder do to the speeds of communication with the GBA slot. The Neo2 has no excuse for not including GBA support since it is a slot-2 solution.

Nocturno: I thought I had that on there as a con. There, it's there now.

mthrnite: They are still working on those cards but how this is compatable I'm not sure. I think it's supposed to be used as a storage unit for the games but why they just don't make a SD slot on the upcoming cards is beyond me.

------------------------------------

As for the DCemu review, who knows. I found it originally because the Neo team has it posted on their main page. I don't know what the DCemu team was thinking, at the end they state that it's a great idea and that if the compatability is fixed, it'll be the card of the year. Okay, that's nice. Right now it's a paper weight.

EDIT: I wonder if they will post my review on their main page?
rofl2.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I am one of those hugely disappointed still begging for a new menu update for an MK3 owners.............
'nuff said.
I wouldn't go in detail as how disgusted and upset am I with this company and all that stuff, but when I read that hopefully updates will come that will take advantage of this wonderful hardware then I feel like it's MK2/3 all over again.
I will never buy it, because thei support sux big time.
And guys keep in mind that their project to make it compatible with SNES, N64 etc. is bound to fail because on the original carts(expecially the Snes ones) there where special chips that are required in order to play certain games(a lot of them). Just dragging a rom in there won't do much, because it's not like we are using an emulator, that can emulate all those different chips, we are talking of the real hardware.
Most ROMs simply won't work.

melloncollie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
DCEmu seem to love the Neo2!
blink.gif
9/10??
So the Neo2 will "soon" link up with Snes, Genesis, and N64 for retro fun? Seems like I heard about this a few months ago. So what's the story on the upcoming retro-goodness robot? Is it vapor or are they really working on this?

neo3_menu_photo_1.jpg

Funny how they didn't show how much this cart stuck out.
I smell bribes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM