New Review - eWin 2 Series

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Oct 5, 2006.

Oct 5, 2006

New Review - eWin 2 Series by shaunj66 at 9:29 PM (2,295 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. shaunj66
    OP

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom

eWin 2 Series Review

Official GBAtemp Review

Our resident staffer Darkforce has just finished his review on the new eWin2 series of NDS flash kits. He has taken a good look at the mini-SD version (also available are a micro-SD and standard SD but they all function exactly the same).
    What did he make of the eWin 2? Read his review to find out!Please leave your comments in this thread!

2. ugly_rose

Member ugly_rose GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    [​IMG]

Hey, nice review! You covered basically all questions I would have about a new flashcart.

It is sad that it lacks in certain areas but awesome that it holds such great build quality and NDS game compatibility. I also took a fancy to the patching software, was it Ewin2 Tools? Anyway, thank you for this insightful review into this cheap flashcart. I am leaning slightly towards buying it for my little brother actually. [​IMG]

3. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    If you look for an EWIN2 Compatibility list.

Look here: -> http://users.skynet.be/DuNe/djoen.html

It's a work in progres, but already done latest games 5xx till 400
    testing now 199 till 100.

Enjoy!

4. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    All the games you listed as not working worked fine for me (with the exception of Opera of course), hence there is no need for a compatibility list.
    I recommend making sure you have the latest firmware and software and make sure the 'force access' button is checked for everything apart from Ultimate Spiderman. It may be an issue with using flashme as opposed to a nopass device.

[​IMG]

5. Vincent Vega

Member Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Nice review. Thanks! [​IMG]
    Now, I think eWin beats Supercard, for who only want to play NDS games.

6. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    So even Ultimate Spiderman works flawlessly? Impressive.

7. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Pokémon games work

also Ultimate spiderman works with latest FW (30/09) update [​IMG]
    (Forgot to mention: When i let the intro run out, it locks up always on the same spot, if i skip the intro i got no problem ingame.)

Still have to test open season and the 2 puzzle series, but that's for this evening [​IMG] (had to hurry (so i just tested ultimate spiderman and pokémon) to my work, and forgot to bring the ds with me to test them.)

8. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    With sound effects?

9. grubbymitts

Member grubbymitts GBAtemp Regular

The latest firmware is still in Beta testing, that's why it's not available on www.ewin2.net (English support forum). It works fine though, and the Ewin2 is a great card. Mine seems to crash the DS on the odd occassion (it goes to the DS menu instead of loading up the card) but I think that may be my Passkey 3 being a bit dodgy.

It will do until a decent slot 1 card is out.

10. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Great review! I really appreciate your work Darkforce. [​IMG] Seems like the ewin2 series is a great line of flash cards with a more than reasonable pricing.

11. Houou

Member Houou GBAtemp Regular

One think you have to agree though: the cart's design, the menu interface... heck, everything seems very sexy and polished. Oh and "burn dreams at will" is such an awesome line.

12. monaug5

Member monaug5 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    does it work with the Datel MML?

13. Darkforce

Former Staff Darkforce DERP!

United Kingdom
    Ultimate Spiderman seems a tad fussy with mini-sd cards in general. It should run fine on a high speed card but for those with slow cards (e.g. my bootleg sandisk) if you write Ultimate Spiderman as one of the first files on the card, for me at least, it ran flawlessly - intro and in game.

grubbymitts - Probably the Passkey3, I've not had any issues using a Neo MK4 as my nopass device.

monaug5 - I havn't tested it personally but I remember reading elsewhere on the forum that the MML works fine. It's only the Superkey and PassCard3 (same PCB) that don't seem to like it.

In other news I've just sold my Supercard, great little device but it's not getting much use anymore lol so I figured the cash can go to my Wii fund =). Oh and I found out that Supercard saves are compatible with the ewin2 - just rename from .nds.sav to .sav ...my 100+ hour Advance Wars DS save lives on!

[​IMG]

14. overzero

Newcomer overzero Newbie

United Kingdom
    I just checked, my friends MML DOES NOT WORK, just locks up after splash screen, that said, anyone who has this card got moonshell to work, ived tried everything and all i get is not found exfs, tried all setup options, [​IMG]
    im using a supercard and a 1gb microsd , games play fine

15. tetsuya

Member tetsuya GBAtemp Regular

That was a great review. Its too bad that I didnt read it last week when I place orders for 4 supercard and 4 passme3. I would of save a lot. :'( :'( :'(