Hacking New Retro Mario Bros. Wii

Should I also make a DS version when I am finished with this?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys... itsa me, I'm back! thanks jackaltyson for taking over this project and stuff you did while I was gone!

Old website(still updated)
New official website(thanks jackaltyson!)

With the increase of Level Hacks for the DS, I felt the Wii was getting a bit left behind. So I decided to remake: Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 for the nintendo Wii.

This hack will be made using reggie, and every object will be where it should be.
Although, The repeating castle levels WILL NOT BE REPEATING! mainly I don't know HOW! the ending puzzle in the last level will be there though.
the world 9 levels will be remade levels from the special world of Super mario world!
There will be custom challenges, just like SKJmins hack!
when all levels are done, I am going to replace ALL the sprites with earlier mario game sprites.

User contributed challenges
Fishaman P said:
Make sure there's challenges where you have to freeze stuff to move on, like making an ice ladder out of enemies!

CHANGELOG!
8-12-10: Well, I updated this post and posted an open beta package to make one of my Real Life friends STFU.
6-12-10: going much faster since I have jackaltyson making levels too! I added a new section to this post. world 1 should be done by next week!
4-12-10#3: Done with 1.1s top now. 1.1 will be the first published level. after that, you have to wait till I'm done with world 1!
4-12-10#2: done with landscaping the whole first level! YAY!
4-12-10#1: Almost done with the top part of level 1.1, made a few edits to this post

STAFF:
Manager: Me
Level Designer: Me
Bugfixer: Jackaltyson

Beta testers:
My little brother and me
Jackaltyson

Progress:
1-1 - Done
1-2 - Done -credits to jackaltyson-
1-3 - in progress - 75%
1-Tower/1-4 of smb - Done -credits to jackaltyson-
1-5 of smb3 - Done -credits to jackaltyson-

Downloads
open beta package1: http://www.mediafire.com/?fdhhzzxomd5rn2f I apologize for the to my friend matthijs text. it's just so he can shut up tomorrow!

Screenshots:
1.1 top
1.1_top.png

Needed help:
anyone who can tell me where all the hidden blocks are.
YOU for thinking up challenges!
Level Designers

Jackaltyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sort of interested by this. Will there be custom challenge levels (1-A, etc) like SKJmin's DS hack?
EDIT: Will there be some screenshots soon so we can see how good this hack will look?
EDIT #2: Fixed typo.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jackaltyson said:
I'm sort of interested by this. Will there be custom challenge levels (1-A, etc) like SKJmin's DS hack?
yup, I don't have enough levels otherwise
tongue.gif

It will also feature yoshi in those levels
biggrin.gif
and the world 9 levels will be remade levels from the special world of Super mario world!

Jackaltyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Has anyone noticed that W9 of NSMBW looks like the Special Zone in SMW?
Here's a video of what it looks like and all of the levels in a speed run. SPOILER WARNING! If you have not completed SMW 100%, try to avoid watching this video. Unless you want to of course.
yay.gif
:

Quick EDIT: I missed the vid so it's there now.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jackaltyson said:
Has anyone noticed that W9 of NSMBW looks like the Special Zone in SMW?
Here's a video of what it looks like and all of the levels in a speed run. SPOILER WARNING! If you have not completed SMW 100%, try to avoid watching this video. Unless you want to of course.
yay.gif
:
-SNIP-

I came with the idea of making world 9's special world the same as the special world SMW because of that
tongue.gif

Also 1.1 is done!

________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I just tested level 1.1... there's some MAJOR GLITCHES. I'll get it fixed before it gets released in public though
smile.gif

Jackaltyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kajdan said:
Well, I just tested level 1.1... there's some MAJOR GLITCHES. I'll get it fixed before it gets released in public though
smile.gif

I could always edit some levels that have glitches and fix them or I could beta test them if you want. Or I could even make some.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Jackaltyson said:
Kajdan said:
smile.gif

I could always make some levels that have glitches and fix them or I could beta test them if you want.

I think I fixed it this time, but otherwise I'll just post it and see if you can fix it.

EDIT: Well I just screwed this one up...
I'll post it, then you can go ahead and fix it for me.
also, you can be bugfixer/beta tester

EDIT 2: I made the official webpage. The staff can sign in by clicking staff and using the given ID and pass.

Jackaltyson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1-1 is now fixed and 1-2 has been made and uploaded.
Just make sure that floor, blocks and pipes are on layer 1, that 3 star coins are in the level, and that the file name is like: 01(world #)-01(level #) however, tower is like 01(world)-22(all towers have 22 at end), castle is 24 at end, peach castle is 01-41 , mushroom house is 26, enemy course is 33, cannon is 36, title screen is 01-40 and credits are 01-42.

Sorry for the long post but I was just making sure you knew that mario is layer 1 and the level name wasn't something like 1.2.arc and should be 01-02.arc

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stuff is going really slow, I got some tests coming up and a school trip to germany tomorrow, I'll possibly sleep over at a friends house at friday. I will post all debugged files in one package today, but don't expect level 1-3 before sunday(but don't get your hopes up. craploads of homework)

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
OP
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys... itsa me, I'm back... but sadly, with the message that I can not work on my hack anytime soon.
If someone could take this over until I'm back, then atleast the Idea won't get lost. If someone WILL take over, please PM me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...