Hacking New Retro Mario Bros. Wii

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
Here we go, guys, now that Reggie! is out, NRMBWii is under development now
smile.gif
I should have the first few levels up within a week or two, but I am creating this topic mainly to reserve the name
tongue.gif

New Retro Mario Bros. Wii is a remake of Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. the Lost Levels (SMB2 in Japan) using NSMBWii's game engine, allowing for 4-player classic SMB action on retro stages!

If I have vids at all, it'll be with a cruddy Nikon camera, so don't expect too much of it
wink.gif

Here is the probably final logo:
nrmbwiilogofinal.png

In case you're wondering, I'm using Reggie! and RiiVolution for my hack
smile.gif

I will probably be using custom graphics, but too early to tell...

Team:

Levels: Jceggbert5, UGotHacked, oneleggedjack
Logo: Jceggbert5

So far, that's everyone, but this will get good
smile.gif

If you want to do levels (or graphics), please let me know VIA PM!

thegreatace

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this sounds very interesting! if you can use older sprites and make a very fun mario game, i will deffinitly play this. also the logo looks great. please keep updating
smile.gif

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umm...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206...+mario+bros+wii
However in this post:
Pop006 said:
I hope once Reggie is released this isn't as common an occurrence as I fear it might be...

Remakes are cool and all, but if there are 20 different teams/groups all doing remakes it's going to get old quickly. I would love to see all the Remake People work together and make one hell of a remake game, rather then 4-5 or even 20 average ones. This would also cut down on repeat remakes as well...

That being said...
Staying organized is key, it's by far the hardest challenge we are facing with the Newer project, but we seem to finally be getting a good grasp on that aspect of things.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer is: Try to plan ahead as much as you can. You seem to have a fairly good concept outline, but the more info you can put ahead of you, the easier the game building task will be.

Off-topic closing comments: I can't wait to see some more 'Original Content' only teams emerge!
So... want to team up?

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive seen several threads like this. i see a bigass banner that is just a photoshopped version of the original banner. ive yet to actually see a full game. or even part of a game. ive seen a couple decent levels on the riivolution site. when do i actually get to see a game and not just 1 photoshopped image. i dont care what you call it. i dont care if its retro, remake, new, newer, better, suckier, nakeder, or whatever.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, they are talking about getting a team together for an App that's been out like 36 hours....
hopefully their game will be ready to go by tomorrow.

Patience, my friend
smile.gif

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
ive seen several threads like this. i see a bigass banner that is just a photoshopped version of the original banner. ive yet to actually see a full game. or even part of a game. ive seen a couple decent levels on the riivolution site. when do i actually get to see a game and not just 1 photoshopped image. i dont care what you call it. i dont care if its retro, remake, new, newer, better, suckier, nakeder, or whatever.
I actually DO have a level made for my version of NRMBW(That I made last night before I saw this thread)
Let me import it into a NSMBW iso and I'll make a video.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumpman said:
Umm...
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=206...+mario+bros+wii
However in this post:
Pop006 said:
I hope once Reggie is released this isn't as common an occurrence as I fear it might be...

Remakes are cool and all, but if there are 20 different teams/groups all doing remakes it's going to get old quickly. I would love to see all the Remake People work together and make one hell of a remake game, rather then 4-5 or even 20 average ones. This would also cut down on repeat remakes as well...

That being said...
Staying organized is key, it's by far the hardest challenge we are facing with the Newer project, but we seem to finally be getting a good grasp on that aspect of things.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer is: Try to plan ahead as much as you can. You seem to have a fairly good concept outline, but the more info you can put ahead of you, the easier the game building task will be.

Off-topic closing comments: I can't wait to see some more 'Original Content' only teams emerge!
So... want to team up?

Everyone always has to say stuff like this. Let there be hacks I say. Thou shalt create custom levels for all to enjoy damnit. I want everyone to make everything that they are happy with. If I like the levels I'll play them if not then I won't.

I want quality but you can't always get everything. (except me using my wii remote as a mouse, i got my bluetooth adapter today!!! and it works with Motion+!!!)

I can't wait to see your version of new retro mario bros wii. don't give up, thats all. I might work on a mod myself. just haven't thought of a theme yet.

Tagg7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good, I know there are quite a few people working on level remakes. The only problem is that some levels will need to be drastically altered because the new game lacks certain enemies, platforms, etc.

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
IMO, first one to release a playable version of worlds 1 and 2 get claim to the name - but they lose the claim if they can't complete the rest of the game in a reasonable amount of time.

Bumpman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
IMO, first one to release a playable version of worlds 1 and 2 get claim to the name - but they lose the claim if they can't complete the rest of the game in a reasonable amount of time.
Fair enough

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
OP
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I won't be able to start for a couple weeks, but I called the name first by a long shot....

Before my laptop broke, I did part of 1-1, but I will be unable to develop NRMBWii further until I get it back.

Do you think I should put a working, but somewhat incomplete (mainly camera glitches), 1-1 (and logo) download link in the OP?

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jceggbert5 said:
I won't be able to start for a couple weeks, but I called the name first by a long shot....

Before my laptop broke, I did part of 1-1, but I will be unable to develop NRMBWii further until I get it back.

Do you think I should put a working, but somewhat incomplete (mainly camera glitches), 1-1 (and logo) download link in the OP?

No one cares about your "calling the name." You're using a tool someone else created to edit a game someone else created into a slightly different game someone else created and releasing as an independent and free project. Call it whatever you want, but no one has any reason to not use the same name. You're on shaky legal ground as it is.

Just do your project and release when you're ready. Stop trying to mimic big companies by being a douche about who has a claim on what.

If it's fun, people will enjoy it and talk positively about it.

If it's not, it will fall into oblivion or be mocked for eternity.

That's just how it works.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
antiaverage said:
jceggbert5 said:

No one cares about your "calling the name." You're using a tool someone else created to edit a game someone else created into a slightly different game someone else created and releasing as an independent and free project. Call it whatever you want, but no one has any reason to not use the same name. You're on shaky legal ground as it is.

Just do your project and release when you're ready. Stop trying to mimic big companies by being a douche about who has a claim on what.

If it's fun, people will enjoy it and talk positively about it.

If it's not, it will fall into oblivion or be mocked for eternity.

That's just how it works.

Ramen!

vexing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just wanted to announce that i'll soon be creating a thread announcing my intention to create a super new retro new super mario brothers 3.

it'll look something like this:
GBAtemp.net > Wii Discussions > Wii - Hacking > new retro new super mario brothers 3

new retro new super mario brothers 3
vexing
omg stuff
[really cool logo]

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
vexing said:
i just wanted to announce that i'll soon be creating a thread announcing my intention to create a super new retro new super mario brothers 3.

it'll look something like this:
GBAtemp.net > Wii Discussions > Wii - Hacking > new retro new super mario brothers 3

new retro new super mario brothers 3
vexing
omg stuff
[really cool logo]

Suggestion, stop e-penis each other and create the things and then get the e-penis.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.