Hacking New Retro Mario Bros. Wii

Bumpman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am planning to make a hack of NSMBWii that will include remakes of all of the levels from Super Mario Bros., Most from Super Mario Bros: the Lost Levels(See bellow), The ghosts houses from Super Mario World(And possibly the special world, too), and some of the airships from Super mario bros 3.

The first half of each world will generally be the levels from the respective world from Super mario bros, and likewise with the second half of each world and Super mario bros lost levels. Air Ships will be from Super mario bros 3, And Ghost houses w ill be from Super mario world. However, this does not work out very well with the layout of some worlds.
World 3 has 3 levels plus a ghost house before the tower, and two levels before the castle. I'm guessing I could put a second path near the beginning of 3-4, only accessible by using the red blocks produced by the switch. The path would lead to SMB:LL 3-3
World 4 is similar. However, this time, the ghost house is after the tower. I guess I could make the outside portion of the ghost house SMB;LL 4-2.
World 5 is the same as above.
World 6 Has 6 normal levels plus a tower and castle. However, it's 4 normal levels before the tower and two after. Im guessing I could put SMB:LL 5-1 as the first level on the short path(the one that leads directly to the castle).
World 8 has an extra level. An SMB3 level, perhaps? Oh, and there is no airship in world 8 in SMB3. I'm guessing I could put world 7-airship as it. Ideas?
World 9... I have no idea. SMB has no world 8. If I put in world 9 from SMB:LL, what can I put as world 9-5 through world 9-8? I could also put the super mario world special world levels here. Thoughts?

Oh, and what can I put in place of poison mushrooms? Mini mushrooms? They are somewhat of a power-down if you are big.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
fivex said:
Chaos Punk said:
You're pretty late on this, there are already multiple projects regarding retro mario remakes.
Oh, really? What are some of them?

New retro mario bros. and new super mario bros. deluxe (both for ds)
And apparently there's also a wii project doing the same thing. Might be good for you to join forces.

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope once Reggie is released this isn't as common an occurrence as I fear it might be...

Remakes are cool and all, but if there are 20 different teams/groups all doing remakes it's going to get old quickly. I would love to see all the Remake People work together and make one hell of a remake game, rather then 4-5 or even 20 average ones. This would also cut down on repeat remakes as well...

That being said...
Staying organized is key, it's by far the hardest challenge we are facing with the Newer project, but we seem to finally be getting a good grasp on that aspect of things.

The biggest piece of advice I can offer is: Try to plan ahead as much as you can. You seem to have a fairly good concept outline, but the more info you can put ahead of you, the easier the game building task will be.

Off-topic closing comments: I can't wait to see some more 'Original Content' only teams emerge!

warakul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good project. I want to play classic mario with my friends up to 4 player.
Cheer
gbasp.gif

Bumpman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SherlockHolmeboy said:
Wow, we have mods of NSMBW coming out the wazoo! This sounds really intresting, can't wait to see it in action if you get it that far.
smile.gif
Hopefully this mod WILL get that far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16