New Resident Evil Game Coming To Nintendo 3DS?

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

Polish website MWRC is reporting that we will see a new Resident Evil title for the Nintendo 3DS later this year. The new game will be titled Resident Evil: Downfall and will take place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6. The player will control Claire Redfield who would witness the “downfall” of humanity. The game was originally announced by reputable UK publication Digital Spy but the article has since been pulled.

Source#1

EDIT

It’s time again folks for the rumor mill! Digital Spy recently reported that there was going to be a collection coming at the end of the year for the Nintendo 3DS, which would include the two CG Resident Evil films, Degeneration and Damnation, together in 3D. However, in an interesting twist, the collection would also actually come with a game titled, “Resident Evil: Downfall”, which would star Claire Redfield between Resident Evil 5 & 6, who would witness humanity’s downfall. Possibly could be a miniature type game like the Resident Evil: Degeneration game that released for phones? The collection would tentaively be called “Resident Evil 3D – Degeneration, Damnation, Downfall”. Get it? It’s a pun since they all start with D, and there’s three… Yeah, you get it.
It was quickly taken down and neither Capcom or Digital Spy are commenting on it. If it’s indeed real, it would probably be announced at E3, which happens on June 5th-7th. We’ll keep you updated if this turns out to be true.

Source#2

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They got a decent graphic engine running on 3DS and now they are milking the cow.

But I must admit RE-R was great, I really liked the episode system, perfect pace for a handheld game.

Reactions: 1 person

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did not think RE:R was that great and hardly the "this could have been RE6" that the developers claimed it was. It was clearly a spin-off, shit I wouldn't have been so surprised if most of it was from the cancelled PSP game. Personally I didn't think it was any better than RE5.

Capcom needs to calm down with the RE games. I even expect RE:R to be ported over to everything else.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just read the second source...so its two meh films and a mini RE game added on one 3DS cart? Sounds lousy if true but it does sound very capcom as well.

lol what a piss take.

Reactions: 1 person

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, seems like a piece of ass. Two mediocre films with probably some half ass gamed sandwiched in between.

They should just continue with their real games like Lost Planet 3, which everyone is so hyped for because people really cared about Lost Planet.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Resident Evil: Downfall?

downscreengan.jpg

This is going to be a weird crossover.

Reactions: 3 people
D

Deleted_171835

Did not think RE:R was that great and hardly the "this could have been RE6" that the developers claimed it was. It was clearly a spin-off, shit I wouldn't have been so surprised if most of it was from the cancelled PSP game. Personally I didn't think it was any better than RE5.

Capcom needs to calm down with the RE games. I even expect RE:R to be ported over to everything else.

Revelations is the first game to use MTFM, said Takeuchi. "[Revelations] is a completely new project that we started up after hearing about the 3DS. It's not a project that was progressing on separate hardware and was moved to the 3DS."

http://andriasang.com/comp7w/3ds_mt_framework_detailed/

The PSP game had barely even made it to the design stage.

3 Resident Evil games on 3DS?

0 on PSV.

Wow.
Capcom goes where the money is.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I suppose this is a little bit of good news after the RE 6 Wii U news.
I thought they wouldn't make another one after since it sold badly according to some sources but I suppose the news might be false but hopefully not.
0 on PSV.
Wow.
The Vita is starting out and for all you know Capcom is already making a game or thinking one up. You got to look at the Market even Uncharted for the Vita sold poorly so waiting is probably in Capcoms best interest.

HamburgerBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I suppose this is a little bit of good news after the RE 6 Wii U news.
I thought they wouldn't make another one after since it sold badly according to some sources but I suppose the news might be false but hopefully not.
0 on PSV.
Wow.
The Vita is starting out and for all you know Capcom is already making a game or thinking one up. You got to look at the Market even Uncharted for the Vita sold poorly so waiting is probably in Capcoms best interest.

Vita owners better hope there are some big announcements at E3 because I don't see shit on the horizon for that system. Its like the developer have already abandoned it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vita owners better hope there are some big announcements at E3 because I don't see shit on the horizon for that system. Its like the developer have already abandoned it.

Except for like all the releases it's been getting consistently. At this moment the amount of 3DS releases per month that are notable and the amount of Vita releases per month that are noticeable are pretty much the same, the difference is that the 3DS had a significant head start (including a holiday season) for games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: