Hacking New Release: Double Dragon Reloaded Alternate Version ( Vita fix, full game)

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not totally sure, but I know it has an elevator that the enemies (including the boss) come out of.
I think it's the vita running out of memory, I tested my version using vita tv and it works for me from beginningto end but eventually it crahes if you play all modes included in the game. I can try and optimize the game by unloading resources in each stage, but this will require some time on my part, but the game will run much smoother.

Just be patient and I will get back to you with a new version and see if that works for you.

Give me about a month and I will post here again.

Reactions: MadZiontist

MadZiontist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's the vita running out of memory, I tested my version using vita tv and it works for me from beginningto end but eventually it crahes if you play all modes included in the game. I can try and optimize the game by unloading resources in each stage, but this will require some time on my part, but the game will run much smoother.

Just be patient and I will get back to you with a new version and see if that works for you.

Give me about a month and I will post here again.
Sounds good, thanks man.

Reactions: dragonz

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New patched version dropping tonight... this version improves speed performance all across the game for the vita version.

And pretty much nullifies any type of crash.

Even if you downloaded the previous working version you might want to download this version as it vastly improves performance for the Vita.

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aye aye cap'n.
Edit * sorry - there was a minor bug that needed fixing
BRB with new link.

Edit: here's the latest link
https://ufile.io/9n39njcp
also up in the OP.

New version is up -
whenever you get a chance please test it and let me know your feedback.

also please clean up any old links you posted previously and once you upload to you google drive link post it here and I will put it in the OP.

Last edited by dragonz,

MadZiontist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit * sorry - there was a minor bug that needed fixing
BRB with new link.

New version is up -
whenever you get a chance please test it and let me know your feedback.

also please clean up any old links you posted previously and once you upload to you google drive link post it here and I will put it in the OP.
Will do. Probably won't be until tomorrow when I can test it, and get it uploaded to my Mediafire.

Reactions: dragonz

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will do. Probably won't be until tomorrow when I can test it, and get it uploaded to my Mediafire.
Okay - I made the minor fix
I'm testing right now ... here' the latest link:

https://ufile.io/9n39njcp

Edit: I just tested it and was able to finish the entire game and all modes.

But yeah, if you guys experience any crashes or anything unusual let me know.

Last edited by dragonz,

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I played up to the last level twice today on my Vita with no crashes. If anybody does experience a crash for whatever reason, try shortening the name of the PAK file.

Mirror Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0ir4mio474mz1y8/

Thanks @dragonz for putting in further work on this and sharing it.

Thanks for testing the game and your patience, I'm so happy vita users can enjoy this game fully optimized for the Vita.

Also thanks for the permanent link and it's been added to the OP.

Here's the log for developers of what changed in order for the optimization to take place and for my own history reminder.

Custom chase scripts A.I Idle animations were replaced with standards default values a.k.a removed the 1,1 values hence when you loose all your lives and are prompted to select a character, the enemies will not just stand idle because their idle animation scripts were taxing on the vita when compared to PC users. This was in part do to their @ clearL scripts.

Removed background 6 from stage 2b
Do the page size memory allocation values on the vita and crashed the game do to it's paralax effect.

Not only did we removed background 6 but I merged it with panel9 to keep the background instead of a black screen.

Paralax effect however was lost.

Added the load 3 option to multiple entities to free up memory in each specific stage.

Example: opening Garage door wouldn't be needed again unless you replayed the game so by adding a load 3 option we discard the garage door from memory and only load it again if necessary.

It is my understanding that these optimizations aren't really necessary
For PC users but if you by any chance happen to own a very low spec computer, android device or the game crash on your switch, this new version might help alleviate that.

Last edited by dragonz,

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question. the magggis double dragon that was fixed to work on switch well someone updated it by the name of everlasting gamer and it is such a great game which he added so much to but when I try to load it on the switch it hangs at the loading screen. is there an easy fix for this??? this game its just incredible!!!!heres the link.

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and here's the kicker its 4 PLAYERS AND HAS WEAPONS MODE VS DEATH MODE ETC MORE BAD GUYS IF U LIKE STREETS OF RAGE OR ANY BEAT EM UP THIS IS AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE ALREADY INFAMOUS MAGGGIS VERSION!!!

dragonz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and here's the kicker its 4 PLAYERS AND HAS WEAPONS MODE VS DEATH MODE ETC MORE BAD GUYS IF U LIKE STREETS OF RAGE OR ANY BEAT EM UP THIS IS AN UPDATED VERSION OF THE ALREADY INFAMOUS MAGGGIS VERSION!!!
I'm pretty sure the reason why it hangs is because the psvita is running out of memory and that mod isn't optimized like the version upload it in this topic. Also, I'm not sure if @magggas ever approved of that mod :(

Sorry I'm unable to help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.