New 'Red Dead Redemption 2' gameplay trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, Oct 1, 2018.

Front-page
    rdd ii.JPG

In anticipation of Rockstar Games' outlaw life simulator, Red Dead Redemption 2, a new trailer has been released showing off gameplay elements. The in-game footage portrays nefarious activities that Arthur and the Van der Linde Gang can indulge in, like taking part in heists, looting civilians, challenging other outlaws, adventuring out on your own risk and robbing trains. A sneak peek at the revamped Dead Eye system is also included in the video.

Red Dead Redemption 2 lands on the PS4 and Xbox One this October 26.

Xzi, B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N and shaunj66 like this.
    Discussion (10 replies)
  1. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    Think I'll hold off a while on RDR2 and see what next-gen console/PC re-releases they have planned. Particularly because it was announced that the game requires over 100GB of HDD space, and I don't want to sit through a roughly 20-hour install just to play the game at 30 FPS with drops.

2. DiJornios

DiJornios DiJiorno

May 18, 2018
    United States
    Streaming?

3. Lazyboss

Lazyboss GBAtemp Fan

Sep 26, 2017
    United Arab Emirates
    The witcher 3: west world
    I think I'm going to fake my death to my wife and children at the end of the month.

4. SuperDan

SuperDan Im Aware ... Im Unaware

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Londoner , Living In Louisiana ...
    Oh Yeahhhh Im Having That On My PS4 PRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just finished SpiderMan ... Just Started Shadow Of The Tomb Raider .... its going to a good month for games !

5. Xzi

Xzi Virtual Bartman

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    I don't understand your question. Would I want to stream it instead? No. I want to own the game, I just don't necessarily want to own it on OG PS4 if there are better versions coming out like what happened with GTA V at the end of last gen. PS4 Pro probably runs it at around 45 FPS, so to me it doesn't really seem like the price : performance value is good enough to warrant the upgrade.

It would be really awesome if PS5 could run PS4 games at 60 FPS, but that's probably a pipe dream. Best I can hope for is games specifically released for PS5 run at 60 FPS in 1080p.

6. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    "Cow boy loot" boxes coming your way.
    None of that crap on the original before mobile gaming tactics infected our consoles. You know crates or shark card type things are gonna be in this game

7. DiJornios

DiJornios DiJiorno

May 18, 2018
    United States
    No like streaming from a dedicated service like Rainway or that PC thing that lets your rent a rig to play on a Dell Inspirion

8. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Come on Oct 26th!

AmandaRose likes this.
  9. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    Ip played a little RDR 1 on ps3 but 100 GB dude i have the cheap 500GB ps4 does it need the pro? i hope not

10. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    Most games like this will be 100GB now, that's just how it's gone... you won't need the Pro, just won't get the graphics shown on this video at that level on vanilla... anyway it looked a bit 'slow' to me: the fight scenes seemed to have the character moving a bit too slow, loss of immersion.... I'm still getting it day one of course!