New "rebootless" Nintendo Switch firmware 14.1.2 update released

Screenshot_20220628-003826_Brave.jpg

Just like they "kind of" announced a new Nintendo Direct, Nintendo has "sort of" released a Nintendo Switch firmware update. OFW 14.1.2 has already been out for around two weeks now, but there's a "rebootless" update that keeps the firmware version at 14.1.2, while still adding a minor change, to the point that you don't even need to restart your Switch. The only thing changed by this update is the "bad words" list, making some new additions to words and phrases banned on the console. While it sounds like an odd occurrence, we've seen this happen before, back with another rebootless firmware tweak that happened in December 2020. Since that was the only change made, Atmosphere and all homebrew should continue to function, assuming it worked on 14.1.2's initial release.

:arrow: Source

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what changed within the firmware then..? What's the REAL changelog? We all know what Nintendo's bogus changelog says...
They updated the badwords list and the systemupdate version (obviously).
Nintendo’s changelog says nothing because there is not changelog for this one :P

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
They updated the badwords list and the systemupdate version (obviously).
Nintendo’s changelog says nothing because there is not changelog for this one :P
Any clue what words specifically got added/changed?

susbaconhairman

I am the official skribbler
Trophies
Website
skribbl.io
XP
Country
United States
I think this kind of thing happened to my 3DS a few weeks ago, for some reason I got a notification for the update but nobody else did (I guess I was just online when they released it). The firmware version didn't change and all it did I think was remove the credit card option for funds on the eShop :(
I also was able to manually update it in settings, after I clicked cancel on the update popup.
Nobody beloved I was telling the truth either, just because they didn't get a notification, but I've read in my NN3DS manual that they said they can update whenever they want without telling you

D

Deleted member 575334

I think this kind of thing happened to my 3DS a few weeks ago, for some reason I got a notification for the update but nobody else did (I guess I was just online when they released it). The firmware version didn't change and all it did I think was remove the credit card option for funds on the eShop :(
I also was able to manually update it in settings, after I clicked cancel on the update popup.
Nobody beloved I was telling the truth either, just because they didn't get a notification, but I've read in my NN3DS manual that they said they can update whenever they want without telling you
Indeed. Someone who is Beloved. I won't believe ether 😂

Reactions: susbaconhairman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @realtimesave why did you get several MIG?