Hacking New R4 Moonshell 1.6

neekstan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
R4 have just put a modified version of Moonshell 1.6 up on their site. I've just tried it and pressing "Start" now takes you back to the R4 menu with no problems
biggrin.gif

Not on the www.r4ds.net site yet but available from here http://www.r4ds.com/soft/5-other-en.htm

EDIT: Mirror: http://rapidshare.com/files/15822631/Engli...ll-1.6.zip.html

greyhound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yay...finally, i was putting off the update because i didn't see the point. But now i have one more button to press i'm all for it. I'm not joking

Densen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It doesn't seem to work for me either. I've replaced all of the old moonshell files but there's no way to get back to the R4 menu. Pressing start just shows debug info. Unless there's something im missing...

Danieluz

Trophies
XP
Country
Correction, now it works fine for me
smile.gif
I think the version from the rapidshare link is not working properly.. at least I donwload first from there and this new feature didn't seem to work, now I download from the official site and it works just fine
smile.gif

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Going off the last comment, I downloaded the file for the R4 site and it works. I deleted the moonshell directory off the R4 and replaced it with this one. Don't forget to copy the .nds file to the root of the microsd. Its the same size but it must do something. Now it resets with the start button
biggrin.gif
Just incase the rapidshare link had the wrong version of the moonshell on it. I've uploaded the one that works for me to megaupload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=70LHD9PK

Max Spider X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried this version, still having the same problem reseting to menu. And everytime I start Moonshell, it tells me that there is an error.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured out why some people can get moonshell to soft-reset and some can't. For me, in order to get soft reset to work in moonshell, I had to go to the games menu and press the "R" button to turn the icon green. Once soft-reset was turned on in the games menu, then it worked in moonshell (pressing Start). If I turn that icon red, soft reset doesn't work in moonshell. Pressing start just displays debug information.

Hope that works for others.

BTW, get used to the error screen on startup. It only stays on the screen if moonshell encounters a problem booting.

eltia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For people who don't like the default skin/clock that comes with R4 Moonshell 1.6. One way to do it is, setup Moonshell 1.6 by using the official Moonshell distribution. Copy the generated moonshl directory and the _DS_MSHL.nds from the R4 Moonshell package. The result is you can use your own clock/skin while having the soft reset working.

kirra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pushing start to get to the R4 home screen works fine. But I am still getting an Error when I start up Moonshell (before and after this update). Anyone know what could be?

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
hey ppl, what is i have to do again to have DSOrganise boot from the middle button instead of Moonshell

and does anyone know anywhere that have moonshell/DSOrganise skins, icons etc for download??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi