tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
New Kernel
a new kernel for R4 and N5 is released
A new Kernel for R4 and N5 is released, you can check it by going to the website: www.s5ds.co.nr
I tried this kernel, it launched many games that normal cards couldn't.
if you want, you can try it, go to how to install tab in the website.
Thanks

Download

Contributed by mjaoune

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So... is this only for N5 and R4 (not clone?). Just wondering if it works on any other clones.

Edit: Doesn't seem to work on my R4i Gold... Didn't expect it to work. If any one wonders why I even have one, I got it for free. So it's for the official R4 and N5 I guess.

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking at the archive it appears to be some kind of TTDS/YSMENU/Moonshell mashup, with a couple of homebrew apps thrown in for good measure. Nothing revolutionary. The web site design is "interesting".

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This will cause MASS confusion; people will think that it's older than the last official R4 firmware because this has a lower version number

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TheWingless said:
So... is this only for N5 and R4 (not clone?). Just wondering if it works on any other clones.

Edit: Doesn't seem to work on my R4i Gold... Didn't expect it to work. If any one wonders why I even have one, I got it for free. So it's for the official R4 and N5 I guess.

Works on mine. make two copies of the _DS_MENU.DAT and rename them to R4i.DAT/R4i.AU. Boots to YSMENU with a basic custom skin. Some of the dat files arn't the latest. There's _hn.HugeNDSLoader.nds/ _vh.VeryHugeNDSLoader.nds in the moonshell extlink folder. I'm not well up with MS2 so these files could be part of the normal package or some rom loader. I dunno.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fcgfcg said:
Does SASASR runs on this?

Probably not. It's just a combo of Moonshell, YSMenu, and some other stuff. And since YSMenu (aka DSTT firmware) can't run S&S Racing yet, this can't.

May give it a try eventually. Seems like an easy alternative to YSMenu with some nice built in stuff.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
N64Temp said:
Does this archive actually include YSMenu?
Yep. It's just like that crap Amaro 'made' a while back. It's NOT a new firmware. It's an existing alternative firmware bundled with existing homebrew. There's nothing new about it.

In fact this probably IS Amaro. Show yourself, you phoney!

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Depravo said:
N64Temp said:
Yep. It's just like that crap Amaro 'made' a while back. It's NOT a new firmware. It's an existing alternative firmware bundled with existing homebrew. There's nothing new about it.

Ah i remember that guy, everyone litterly 'jumped' on him when he released it

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Depravo said:
N64Temp said:

Wow I'm surprised you still remember that fiasco. Haha, I remember he was hyping everyone up then just released ysmenu. Then he pretty much stepped into the shadows.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
triassic911 said:
Wow I'm surprised you still remember that fiasco. Haha, I remember he was hyping everyone up then just released ysmenu. Then he pretty much stepped into the shadows.
I don't remember the hyping up part xD. I just remember commenting on how I had a similar idea (same idea, just different channels), but DSKiosk just isn't as customizable/skinnable as I would have liked xD.

Taking a look at the S5DS download, it is indeed using ysmenu (amazing how blatantly idiotic this is...). Apart from the ysmenu, it looks like its Beup 0.7 (or whatever that number was), some version of bunjalloo, DSOrganize 3.1129 (props for that choice), moonshell2 final beta 2, and happens to have random useless voice recordings o.0 (that is so far beyond unprofessional that I dub this person a complete nub). To top it off, his infolib.dat is out of date xD.

-edit-
I decided to point out the things I didn't like about his website xD.
failrn.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/