Gaming NEW PSP @ E3 200, UMD = DEAD FORMAT

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why even mention that UMD will be obsolete? Did we see articles about how the Gameboy Cartidges were obsolete when the DS came out?

It's a format for the PSP....no duh they will replace it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deez_nutz said:
Hadrian said:
*sighs*

This is just speculation.

Yeah that's what they said before the PSP slim was announced.

It's also their number one prediction. Pretty bold IGN, pretty bold.
No but it is just that, IGN doing a wishlist. PSP Slim had only came out last year and its doing well in Japan, and they are hoping to build better sales elsewhere. Would cost too much to do yet another redesign. Would piss off the people who have just bought the PSP Slim and would maybe stop them from getting this one for fear that another redesign would be released next year..

I mean really, would Sony be THAT stupid?

deez_nutz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
deez_nutz said:
Hadrian said:
*sighs*

This is just speculation.

Yeah that's what they said before the PSP slim was announced.

It's also their number one prediction. Pretty bold IGN, pretty bold.
No but it is just that, IGN doing a wishlist.

Go back and read it again. Its not a "wishlist" as you imply. Its their number one prediction.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sony really should go for cartridges with their next handheld...
The UMD drive is way too big, way too energy consuming, way too slow and way too fragile, while the cost of cartridges with sizes of up to 4gigs are getting lower and lower...

Multi-touch would be awesome, but probably too expensive...Let's hope Sony doesn't make the same mistake again by making the PSP2 too expensive...199 bucks should be max, and Sony should know that by know, seeing how the PSP and PS3 were huge flops before the price got reasonable

Oh, and please, PLEASE, don't fuck up the d-pad this time...People who complain about the X360's "bad" d-pad obviously never used the PSP's HORRIBLE d-pad
hate2.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Their prediction is announcing a new PSP, and I don't think they mean redesign. They're just speculating on what it will have, sounds like a wishlist to me.

jeklnoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Vater Unser said:
Oh, and please, PLEASE, don't fuck up the d-pad this time...People who complain about the X360's "bad" d-pad obviously never used the PSP's HORRIBLE d-pad
hate2.gif

I heard Nintendo has a patent on good d-pads, which is why you see so many sucky d-pads out there

deez_nutz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinity-X said:
Yeah, this is really just speculations. Then again, I've seen the spread sheet..seems sort of convincing but I doubt its real.

Aside from a few points that fact sheet sounds a lot like what IGN is desribing in their prediction. It also sounds a lot like the patent that was leaked a year ago. The plot thickens!!!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whizz said:
Infinity-X said:
Yeah, this is really just speculations. Then again, I've seen the spread sheet..seems sort of convincing but I doubt its real.

Micro SD support? Fake.
I don't understand, how can this be fake because of Micro SD support? Is it because Sony uses the MS Pro Duo, if so, then your wrong cause I know for a fact one of there new phones uses Micro SD

deez_nutz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinity-X said:
Whizz said:
Infinity-X said:

Micro SD support? Fake.
I don't understand, how can this be fake because of Micro SD support? Is it because Sony uses the MS Pro Duo, if so, then your wrong cause I know for a fact one of there new phones uses Micro SD

Whizz

When things don't go right, go left.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Infinity-X said:
Whizz said:
Infinity-X said:

Micro SD support? Fake.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whizz said:
Infinity-X said:
Whizz said:
Infinity-X said:

Micro SD support? Fake.

deez_nutz

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bobrules said:
This is speculation. I doubt they would go with touchscreen.

Are you kidding? This is Sony we are talking about. They've always been about stealing other people's best ideas. I wouldn't doubt for a second that their new handheld has a touch screen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: +1