Homebrew New PS2 exploit found, uses official Yabasic demo discs as its entry point

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by RattletraPM, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Necron

Necron Lurking~

Dec 29, 2008
    Chile
    Mi casa
    Well I meant easy access. USB is the closest thing, it's not anything special. Anyway, FMB memory cards can be purchased anywhere these days.

2. darkherobrine4u

darkherobrine4u Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2019
    Poland
    hooray for pal region:toot:
    (that means me)

3. nolimits59

nolimits59 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 25, 2008
    France
    Yay ! Just found it on my box full of my old games ! :D
    [​IMG]

4. SupImBirDy

SupImBirDy Member

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2018
    United States
    I remember using code breaker to compress files to the memcard and using a ps1 game (black back) to run launch elf to use code majic, and rk swapper for Socom. Never played in legit rooms, but definitely had jokers on just Incase some ass hole came in with codes

5. PerfectB

PerfectB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2003
    United States
    Indiana, USA
    Sure, there's easier methods...I still use Swap Magic on my slim because I own it and I rarely desire playing a burned disc, or PS2 in general but eh.

And there's the argument that this opens up hacking later consoles, even though the owners could get a PS2 that's hackable for practically nothing. But I think the guy that came up with this may be more interested in the sport of finding vulnerabilities (which he successfully did) than the actual usability.

Looking at it from any perspective other than props to the hacker and I admire his creativity is kinda moot