thawkins1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok first off I have 3.2U firmware on my wii and I use the gamma loader. The only game that works is Sonic Unleashed(NTSC/U), I burn all of my games the exact same way(4.0x speed) also tried other speeds. No luck, when I first installed the homebrew channel and loaded up gamma I put COD5 in played perfect the first time but when I tried to load it up again I get "DVD error(324)" and that happens on all of my games except Sonic Unleashed. Tried 3 different brands of DVD's still fails. So I think I should reinstall the cIOS but I have no idea which files I should delete.
frown.gif

Thanks

-Edit

I also tried Soft Chip and same thing happens.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I don't understand why people keep making "new" thread with "new" problems when it's obviously always the same problem

this is logic man: if one game is working but not others, it's not CIOS or anything in your Wii 's fault, it's the media fault

thawkins1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So it's always the media's fault when I've tried with 3 different types?

(Memorex, Verbatim, Sony)

Just so you know my burner burns everything else fine.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
yes it is media's fault
even if your burner or your dvd-r are fine, it might be what you put on it that isn't

that's the downside of getting "backups" from the internet

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
yes, gbtemp is flooded by such threads lastly and it's getting impossible to find interesting thread again if you logout for let's say 2 hours

lazyness is the plague of these forums

thawkins1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm laziness I posted that question in 2 threads got no reply. Sometimes people need to make a new thread to get a answer.

Anyway, can someone tell me which files I delete from the system to uninstall the cIOS so I can reinstall it?

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
for fuck sake once you have gamma installed, you don't need to uninstall anything!
cant understand why these people are doing it*
I simply blasted it onto my brothers kids wii, and he's never had a problem, i gave him a few of my burned games and they worked well, you play your wii all day everyday? not surprised it doesn't want to read
tongue.gif

thawkins1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know has anyone ever said you were a asshole? If they haven't well now you know.

Thanks anyway though.

I couldn't get the answer I was looking for. So if a mod wants to delete or lock this topic they can

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
thawkins1 said:
hmm laziness I posted that question in 2 threads got no reply. Sometimes people need to make a new thread to get a answer.

Anyway, can someone tell me which files I delete from the system to uninstall the cIOS so I can reinstall it?

if you really want to do that, search around the version of IOS you installed and use ANyTitleDeleter to remove it

but really, it won't change anything to uninstall/reinstall the same stuff over again, if one game is working then your installation is fine and if the game is working for other people with the same setup then the problem is with your backup, that's not really so hard to deduct

and yes this is lazyness because the good old question is asked hundred times a day... and the answer is pretty always the same
and if someone told you to reinstall CIOS, sorry but he is just a lazy idiot who don't really know what he is doing

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
Could it be that people are simply dumb enough to (create a TOTALLY NEW AND UNSEEN OMG I HAVE AN ERROR topic before they think and) NOT "reboot" their system menu every time they turn on their Wii?

I mean, the Logo of the game is still in the disc channel most of the time (some sort of cache?), but it just doesn't start. So you have to run Gamma Launcher with reboot hooks again or directly start via Gamma Launcher.

harryk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
I just thought it could be the reason, because it LOOKS like the game is there, but then there's a read error. I dont use the reboot option (only once for each game), I also think it's pointless.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thawkins1 said:
I couldn't get the answer I was looking for. So if a mod wants to delete or lock this topic they can
What was the answer you were looking for ? Ill give it to you and we can all be happy.

I think all you really need here is the Less_Internal_Heat_v1.3.wad to save the discs from overheating and make the game loads more reliable.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116835 have a read

Ohh and this might be a New Problem to you , but the rest of us are pretty sick of this problem - we get it daily from people who dont use SEARCH

thawkins1

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
thawkins1 said:
What was the answer you were looking for ? Ill give it to you and we can all be happy.

I think all you really need here is the Less_Internal_Heat_v1.3.wad to save the discs from overheating and make the game loads more reliable.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=116835 have a read

Ohh and this might be a New Problem to you , but the rest of us are pretty sick of this problem - we get it daily from people who dont use SEARCH

Thanks for that djtaz. But for the "New Problem" title i forgot to put an I before that. Sorry.

fennec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same problem, only one backup worked well, all sort of coasters from DVD-R/+R of several brands. I changed my burner and now all backup are working fine.

Wii driver is really picky with burned media, I think it's well calibrated to read silvers but it is nothing near a PC DVD-ROM, it even can't read CDs !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM