New printer time...

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recently my printer is acting up and it wouldn't print anything blue. Now, I'm not a person who uses the printer a lot for printing and since this was one of those "all in one" printer, I used it for the scanner. Then my dad took up photography and needs to print up his stuff on photo paper. He says price isn't an issue since he's sure that the more you pay, the better the print quality.

Right now, I narrowed it to either the Epson RX560 or the RX640. Both appeals to me because they have the ability to print on CDs and be able to scan. That said, I was wondering if any GBAtempers had any experience with them or if there's any other "all in one printers"?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an HP photosmart C4250 and it cost me 50$, and the quality is wonderful, and it prints on photopaper without issues.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i used to love my inkjet epson since it printed on cd but ever since i switched to a color laser printer i would never go back to a inkjet. if you print alot you should switch to laser, if you mainly use it to print cd and photo then i guess inkjets the way to go for you. i love printing with laser printer i mean i print web pages and instructions/articles for the hell of it now, also dont have to worry about changing ink as much, and not worried about printing in color hehe. i have to say the toners cost alot compared to single inkjet carts but it's cheaper in long run. goto your local office max or something, try a few laser printers out, you'll see that the color is nice and picture printing is also pretty good. play with it and see the quality alot of stores have print-your-own sample page feature.

mines not a top quality printer but its real nice, its a konica minolta magicolor 2420L under $400 but damn worth it. has a ethernet port for network printing and pictbridge usb port for photo printing. seriously look into laser printers i really think it was a great decision for me. only downside is i cant print on inkjet lable cd/dvd but i can settle with cd labels

Harsky

Madmin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i used to love my inkjet epson since it printed on cd but ever since i switched to a color laser printer i would never go back to a inkjet. if you print alot you should switch to laser, if you mainly use it to print cd and photo then i guess inkjets the way to go for you. i love printing with laser printer i mean i print web pages and instructions/articles for the hell of it now, also dont have to worry about changing ink as much, and not worried about printing in color hehe. i have to say the toners cost alot compared to single inkjet carts but it's cheaper in long run. goto your local office max or something, try a few laser printers out, you'll see that the color is nice and picture printing is also pretty good. play with it and see the quality alot of stores have print-your-own sample page feature.

mines not a top quality printer but its real nice, its a konica minolta magicolor 2420L under $400 but damn worth it. has a ethernet port for network printing and pictbridge usb port for photo printing. seriously look into laser printers i really think it was a great decision for me. only downside is i cant print on inkjet lable cd/dvd but i can settle with cd labels
Been meaning toask. What IS the difference between inkjet and laser and which is better?

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
buy the Epson RX580. That is what I have and am happy with it. I bought it because I read about it on here in a thread about printing on DVD's. Look it up...

Cost me about $120 at MicroCenter.

edit: Forgot to add I also bought a CIS system for it because it is an Ink Chuggler.

Takrin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i inkjets are less expensive i have to say but ink cartridge you buy for inkjets can add up. toners for mine cost about $50 per color but vary in models. generally they last a very long time theres also toner refill kits like inkjets available for cheaper refill. bought mine forever ago prob almost a year and i havnt had to change toners yet, still have 60% black and about 85% red,blue,yellow remaining. and i do print decent amount of stuff.

to me laser printer makes things look professionally printed. papers wont soak if you print on normal paper, water wont smear your ink (although alcohol and other chemicals will). check photo printing on the laser printer if you consider it i hear some suck really bad at printing photos, mines quite nice with pictures. oh i've noticed if you stop using a inkjet for a few months inks dry up, but doesnt do that on laser printers. takes about 20sec for mine to warm up to print if just turned on unlike inkjets really wish i had a working inkjet printer to show you side by side comparison.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: