New Portal on GBAtemp!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Costello, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Killermech

Killermech Cookie Monster

Mar 5, 2004
    It's all nice and organised now. Job well done [​IMG]

2. Frankbel

Frankbel GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2004
    Italy
    Messina
    Congrats guys, the new portal is very nice. I hope that gbarl follows your example. I like it very much and it saves a lot of time.

3. a_m

a_m Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2005
    Well done guys. The new portal is superb.

Is there any chance of getting the main gbatemp banner at the top of each page to link back to the portal? I know there's the home button, I just find it easier to click on the banner.

Sorry for being difficult [​IMG]

4. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Excellent work! Really love it! [​IMG] Mad props as usual! [​IMG]

5. monkey

monkey GBAtemp Regular

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Very nice indeed, fixed every single complaint I could have come up with the old one, and then some.

6. belmont

belmont GBAtemp Regular

Nov 7, 2002
    Greece
    Athens,Greece
    Well done!

I personally find the Wii section in the site useless so now I can simply "delete" the Wii news from the Portal.

7. Teun

Teun GBAtemp Fan

Nov 21, 2005
    Netherlands
    Netherlands
    i really love the new portal, but there's one downside.. it works like sh*t with the Ds internet browser, so ill keep the "oldskool" look, just because the damn opera ds doesnt support AJAX.

8. m_babble

m_babble Elder Phantom

Dec 12, 2004
    United States
    Slick, dudes.
    Very nice.

9. mthrnite

mthrnite So it goes.

Former Staff
    Jun 30, 2006
    United States
    th' south
    I really like it too. It's a lot less clogged up down the middle, and I assume you'll do something creative with the right side where the new releases are now.

Let me go out on a limb a bit here... I really like the "Online Users" section on the left. I use it to find out if my buddies are online by doing a search in firefox. It would be nice though, and here's the limb part, if I could filter somehow. I mean it's easy to see when TPi is online 'cuz he's so blue. It'd be nice to have your "buddy list" markable in some fashion.

Just a thought..

You guys did a great job! Applause! Applause!

10. blizeH

blizeH GBAtemp Fan

Dec 21, 2005
    UK
    Whilst I really appreciate the effort and the fact that a lot of people will like it, I've just switched back to the old style; when visiting GBAtemp I quickly glance through the items to see if there's anything new that interests me, pictures really help with the 'quick glance' thing so the original way is just a lot more effortless imho.

11. Strokemouth

Strokemouth GBAtemp Regular

Nov 27, 2004
    United States
    NY
    Agreed. I changed mine back to the old style. Showing only the cover/screens of the latest release really defeats the purpose of having them there at all. It's a lot more clean looking, but utility-wise, it's 3 steps back.

(I had even started going to a different site for release news until I saw you can go back to the old portal. The new one just wastes too much time).