Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP

New Portal on GBAtemp!

Enjoy the new interface

Dear members, we are proud to present you our new portal!

We have been reading your numerous requests and after days of work, you can finally enjoy the new interface, which features:

- Selective display of the news.
Go to your profile to select what you want to see on the portal. You can also order the items the way you want. For example, my selection is "General, NDS, Wii, GBA". But you might only want to have the "NDS, General" news displayed. That is now possible!

- AJAX Technology.

When you click on a different news item, your browser will not reload the whole page, it will only refresh the news frame. It has been tested on IE6 and Firefox. Please report any bug in our Bugs forum.

- Options and ... retrocompatibility

You can select the amount of news displayed under each news item. Just go to your profile and select the amount in the list. On the same page, you can also switch back to the old portal interface which we have of course kept for old-schools sake!

We hope you do enjoy this new interface!

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Humm, that was fast.

At any rate, it looks shiny.
cool.gif
I just hope it isn't too hard on the poor server.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Credits:
Costello (coding & skinning)
shaunj66 (ideas & design)
Hunter (I don't think he did actually do anything but he still deserves to be in the credits
biggrin.gif
)

This new portal is also much less bandwidth/CPU consuming, which should hopefully make the site faster at peak times!
Our ears are open to your suggestions and we'll always do our best to improve GBAtemp
smile.gif

Edit:
QUOTE said:
I just hope it isn't too hard on the poor server.
On the contrary, it is lighter than the default portal
smile.gif
I optimized it as hard as I could.
that is why everyone should use it, hehe

Lukeage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like the listing of the releases. Makes it great when there are 5+ releases dumped on one day, don't have to scroll/search around to see what I've missed.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Congrats on the update. Displaying the threads/news like this will also make it easier to see multiple releases should we have another one of those days when 8+ games hit at once.

jhoff80

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest that for the future when they become more prevalent, a "Last 5 Wii releases" table on the right side just like the NDS and GBA lists.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1