New pope chosen

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So uh..... care to at least make a link in USN saying this thread is moved? Otherwise (you know as well as I do), more people will make one, not seeing it's already made.

EDIT: Hold up, the thread I made saying he stepped down is STILL in USN, why did this one move?

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Welll... gues it's time for me to talk about the new pope:

The new pope is this little dude right here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Bergoglio
Aaaand... yes, he's from Argentine just like me.
You guys were expecting for an open-minded pope? Ahah... poor little fellas. This beautiful man stood against the law of same-sex marriage because "it's a war against God" and also saying that these were "plans from the Devil".
TL;DR The new pope is a homophobic asshole.

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys about another interesting fact: He was with the military dictators in Argentina in 1976 ^-^

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You are a worried citizen expressing a valid concern about an enormous religion, but inevitably would be disregarded/ignored (or possibly worse) if you were to bring your concerns to higher power in the religion.

.....I'll stop there.
ya I doubt my opinion matters;especially due to the secrecy of their "democratic" voting system where they burn the votes before they even are allowed to leave, I imagine a power struggle and less than holy means of negotiating who wins the coveted hat of truth and leads their people.

sacred battle royale anyone?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Welll... gues it's time for me to talk about the new pope:

The new pope is this little dude right here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Bergoglio
Aaaand... yes, he's from Argentine just like me.
You guys were expecting for an open-minded pope? Ahah... poor little fellas. This beautiful man stood against the law of same-sex marriage because "it's a war against God" and also saying that these were "plans from the Devil".
TL;DR The new pope is a homophobic asshole.

I was thinking this is standard catholicism.

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys about another interesting fact: He was with the military dictators in Argentina in 1976 ^-^
Than I read this and thought "appalling cunt."
As an institution, I abhor the Vatican.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At least no one has made any pedophile jokes.
...none that actually got posted.

So uh..... care to at least make a link in USN saying this thread is moved? Otherwise (you know as well as I do), more people will make one, not seeing it's already made.

EDIT: Hold up, the thread I made saying he stepped down is STILL in USN, why did this one move?
No idea; I wasn't the one who moved it.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Something something, euphemism... :unsure:
Somehow, I imagined Boy George kneeling.... Oh, dear. Back to refreshing List_of_popes wiki on my other tab for me.

So far, he's been referred to as Pope Pius XIII, Pope Francis I, Pope Francis, and Pope Catshow. lolwut?

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
3s7vbx.jpg

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, he'll probably continue to maintain the status quo. As they say, "Holy see, Holy do."

I don't know, maybe I'm just bitter. I sent my application in and everything, and they didn't even have the decency to call me back. Seriously, guys, what the hell?

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
My only question is the legitimacy of deciding the head of an entire God based religion via a popularity contest. it seems quite sinful an act to do so but who am I to judge...
Well the alternative would be just silly.

aB5yaIW.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @NinStar, Who's whipping who?