TempLurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemon-Gray.jpg

Two new Pokémon™ video games went on sale on March 6 and promptly shattered all previous U.S. Pokémon sales records. The Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version games for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems became the fastest-selling Pokémon video games of all time, selling more than 1.08 million units after just one day of availability. That surpasses the previous one-day sales record of more than 780,000 set by the Pokémon Diamond Version and Pokémon Pearl Version games in April 2007.

“Longtime Pokémon fans are attracted to the new Pokémon, new battle systems and a new region to explore, while newcomers enjoy the ability to jump in and have fun right away,” said Charlie Scibetta, Nintendo of America’s senior director of Corporate Communications. “These sales numbers illustrate the continued strength of the Nintendo DS family of systems. Already established as the nation’s best-selling video game platform of all time, the installed base of more than 47 million makes it the ideal hand-held for developers to reach a huge gaming-focused target audience.”

Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version feature more than 150 new Pokémon for players to catch, train and battle. The never-before-seen Unova region gives players a whole new world to explore. For the first time in the series, in-game environments change with the four seasons. The games also introduce Triple Battles and Rotation Battles, which give players even more choices when battling.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

It shows the great Pokemon love inside many people's hearts.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The popularity of this game took me by complete surprise.
One kid at school that I talk to here and there - a CoD fan, the type of person that only likes a game if the graphics are good and the game involves weapons/violence - bought this and about five other people of the same nature grabbed it after hearing about the game.
It amazes me that these 'Xbox elite hipster kids' (I'm not generalising Xbox fans here 'cos I like the Xbox myself - I'm just talking about the kids at school) drop their principles at the release of a new Pokémon game.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
1 million in a day... thts super crazy, the 3ds sold much less and its a console
i never knew the pokemon fans were rising at this rate. Maybe its the combined total that has caused it to rise so high but still, 1 million?!

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm just hoping Nintendo has lived up to their words about making these ones more refreshing. I haven't played the game yet and will probably pick up a copy as soon as I'm done with my rerun of the Ace Attorney series.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shakirmoledina said:
1 million in a day... thts super crazy, the 3ds sold much less and its a console
i never knew the pokemon fans were rising at this rate. Maybe its the combined total that has caused it to rise so high but still, 1 million?!
pretty sure its easier to put down $40 then two hundred plus...

I blame the DS install base on this one. There so many DS's out there that it was near impossible to do this good.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
fancysky016 said:
i never played pokemon series and final fantasy...

why they so popular?

Play them and find out.

Anyways, sales don't really mean anything. They sold a lot big whoop. Does it mean it's the best Pokemon game? Not by a long shot.

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
shakirmoledina said:
you're comparing USA sales (a much larger audience) of an easy to manufacture, $40 game to japanese sales of $300 hardware which is a lot harder to mass produce

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
fancysky016 said:

why they so popular?

Personally, this question of yours is coming from opinion of what should be popular.

Pokemon from my experience came out from truly hating the series due to the fact it was so freakin' hype! After playing it one day inside my cousin's house (I took the game cartiage since I was so addicted to it back then) I didn't realize it was that awesome! Training a pokemon of your own, learning how to use them and battle with them. Your FIRST time playing an actual RPG and Pokemon game gives you an experience you can never forget. I remember when I got so far in Pokemon Yellow until I got stuck in Indigo Plateau...stupid rocks and switches. However, Nintendo redeem me by making a revision of Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen.

My first Final Fantasy game I played with a spin-off; FF: Mystic Quest. It was a good ROM at that time, did thought me about the world of emulators and roms. Heh heh. Personally you should at least play a PKMN game once, you'll be surprised how freakin' addictive it can get. I stopped playing Pokmon after Pokemon HG and SS.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Anyways, sales don't really mean anything. They sold a lot big whoop. Does it mean it's the best Pokemon game? Not by a long shot.
Have you played it yet? You'd be surprised at how fresh it feels. I'm assuming G/S/C is the best in your opinion too...

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
They're good games, but IMO the lack of several features which should, by now, have become standard (even for the initial 2 versions of a generation) leave me feeling a bit disappointed in B&W. Yes, the games are relatively fun and fresh your first time through, but after the Elite 4 they leave something to be desired.

There isn't even a VS Seeker, for instance, which was present not only in FireRed/LeafGreen, but Diamond/Pearl and Platinum as well. Even Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald had a mechanism by which you could rematch a decent number of trainers on routes in the overworld. Sure, you can rematch some trainers at the Battle Subway, but I often feel like going out and wandering around the routes and mixing the rematches in with some wild battles.

mkoo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gundam Eclipse said:
Vigilante said:
fancysky016 said:

why they so popular?
No Pokemon?
No Final Fantasy?
Are you even a gamer?

Thats like saying those who don't play Call of Duty are not gamers...
No it's more like saying who never played Half Life are not gamers.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
mkoo said:
Gundam Eclipse said:
Vigilante said:
fancysky016 said:

why they so popular?
No Pokemon?
No Final Fantasy?
Are you even a gamer?

Thats like saying those who don't play Call of Duty are not gamers...
No it's more like saying who never played Half Life are not gamers.
No, it's more like saying those who haven't played Pac-Man are not gamers.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
They're good games, but IMO the lack of several features which should, by now, have become standard (even for the initial 2 versions of a generation) leave me feeling a bit disappointed in B&W. Yes, the games are relatively fun and fresh your first time through, but after the Elite 4 they leave something to be desired.

There isn't even a VS Seeker, for instance, which was present not only in FireRed/LeafGreen, but Diamond/Pearl and Platinum as well. Even Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald had a mechanism by which you could rematch a decent number of trainers on routes in the overworld. Sure, you can rematch some trainers at the Battle Subway, but I often feel like going out and wandering around the routes and mixing the rematches in with some wild battles.
This is what annoys me with these games... They do something right and then strip it away. I'm assuming once they feel as if they're at the end of their rope with this series they'll begin busting out everything we want and do everything right.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Well I must say, the games deserved this feat and I hope they sell even more!! Just bought Pokemon Black today (yay I'm in the 1 million now) - and pirated the White version....sad...if only I had more cash.

Anyways, the introduction of double wild Pokemon encounters has taken me by surprise, and I can't wait for more surprises.

By the way, Lumburr pwns!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Notice how when the game sells well, they don't bitch about piracy.

that being said, ill buy the game, but i wouldn't feel im getting the most out of it with my almost broken Ds Lite (plus i cant participate in all of the features) - if i ever get a Dsi, XL, or even a 3DS then ill definitely pick this up.

Good job they still ship real popular DS games here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1