New Pokemon Sword and Shield trailer shows Galarian versions of old Pokemon

Following in Pokemon Sun and Moon's footsteps, Pokemon Sword and Shield will be offering new takes on classic Pokemon. Certain old favorites will have brand-new Galarian forms, such as Zigzagoon and Koffing. Galarian Linoone even has a new evolution: the dark/normal Obstagoon. There's also a new Pokemon who changes form in battle, called Morpeko. And as with every Pokemon region, you have to have a rival, or in this case, two, with Game Freak revealing Marnie and Bede as Sword and Shield's set of rivals who will occasionally challenge you throughout your journey. At the end of the trailer, we see the evil team operating in Galar, which is the punkish Team Yell. Pokemon Sword and Shield launch on the Switch on November 15th.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Of course they were going to do this, because if you couldn't trade the classic 151 Pokemon from Pokemon Go Eevee and Pokemon Go Pikachu people were gonna to not buy Shield and Sword in protest.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I wanna join Team Yell so I can yell at Gamefreak for not including all 800+ pokemenz

If they did that, not only the game would be delayed for more than a year, it would also need to use a bigger game card and so be more expensive.

This is also Nintendo screwing themselves over for giving the basic Switch model only 32 GB of space.

Unlike Microsoft and Sony, they can't just have a single game download like 40 gb of data into the console.

Reactions: CrossOut
D

Deleted User

ZOMG 2nd Gen Re-Make Confirmed. I am only partially kidding, but depending on how let's go spin offs have done I wouldn't be surprised if GF makes a Let's go series for each gen, but for the love of arceus, please PLEASE bring back wild pokemon battles!

Melsbacksfriend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they did that, not only the game would be delayed for more than a year, it would also need to use a bigger game card and so be more expensive.

This is also Nintendo screwing themselves over for giving the basic Switch model only 32 GB of space.

Unlike Microsoft and Sony, they can't just have a single game download like 40 gb of data into the console.
I don't think it'd be as big of a file size as you think.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. The omitted Pokémon can be added with a game update. In fact, this is the only plausible option, since the game is basically done.
  2. If they get the game update out before Pokémon Home is released, then it's functionally the same as having included all of the Pokémon in the first place.
  3. Including all of the Pokémon should not take up a significant amount of storage space. We know approximately how big models probably are.
  4. Including all of the Pokémon should not take a significant amount of time. The models from the 3DS are sufficient and were at least used as the foundation for the Pokémon already present in Sword/Shield.

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, first a coal Pokemon and now a factory/bourgois weezing! I first was disappointed that there was a cotton instead of a cotton gin pokemon, but after the coal pokemon and this one it's all forgotten. As a passionated cynist those are the pokemon I expect from a region based on britain, I'm glad they didn't fully fall for the romanticsed japanese britain!
Now only a Boris Johnson or maybe a Churchil pokemon and I'm fully satisfied(with the new pokemon)

Last edited by catlover007,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"