New Pokemon Sword and Shield trailer shows Galarian versions of old Pokemon

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 7, 2019.

1. NoNAND

NoNAND GBAtemp's Official NAND/emuMMC multipurpose tool

Aug 22, 2015
    Antarctica
    Area 51
    Nice nice!
    Finally Game freak is giving us more newer old Pokemon forms.
    Didn't expect that Pokemon games past sun/moon would have their region specific forms, truth be told.
    I bet Team Yell was named after the riled up Pokemon fans who got frustrated because of the national Dex's removal.

antiNT likes this.
  2. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 7, 2019
  3. codezer0
    This message by codezer0 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 7, 2019
  4. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 7, 2019
  5. Esdeath

Esdeath Member

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    Those forms are really ugly, should have left them like they were.

Pluupy likes this.
  6. codezer0
    This message by codezer0 has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Aug 7, 2019
  7. Johnton

Johnton GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2018
    Mexico
    Ohno... Pokemon must die now.
    That's it, I officially hate Pokémon.

8. Jonna
    This message by Jonna has been removed from public view by Quantumcat, Aug 7, 2019, Reason: Reply to deleted post.
    Aug 7, 2019
  9. RivenMain

RivenMain GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2016
    United States
    Wow first they steal digimon's megas, now they steal palette swaps. :( black agumon wants to spit some fire on you xD

LonelyPhantom likes this.
  10. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    Kisszagoon

NoNAND likes this.
  11. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 10, 2015
    Canada
    Otherwise the Gen VII games would've been huge. But they're not, and Gen VIII is probably gonna reuse models like Let's Go did.
    Shiny Pokémon would like a word.

Last edited by RedBlueGreen, Aug 8, 2019
  12. haxan

haxan GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2011
    in my room?
    I just hope those "new rivals" are actually rivals and not like the ones from the recent games.
    The rivals from fire red for example would do your mom mid-battle and force you to call him daddy as he whooped your ass but then you have your rival in sun/moon where he would buy you ice cream and shoot himself after you lose a battle against him.
    Hope they bring back real mean rivals.

13. DarkCoffe64

DarkCoffe64 Bo

Mar 30, 2011
    Italy
    Arcadia
    Morpeko has to be the laziest Pikachu knockoff they've made so far.
    It's literally Pikachu but pill shaped and with some shit in the middle of his body.
    This new game just screams lazyness and uncaring.

Pluupy and DarthDub like this.
  14. RivenMain

RivenMain GBAtemp Regular

Oct 12, 2016
    United States
  15. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    And with that, why remove pokemon in the first place if they are reusing animations and the future proofed models? Let's also not forget that the games make billions of dollars alone.
    let's also not forget that most AAA companies have at least 250 employees, gamefreak has 143, and less on pokemon since they cut the development team. Now you may respond
    "They can't do that!" or they are unable to for xx reason. Then explain why they haven't just idk, outsourced the work? I mean the models where made from creatures ink if I recall correctly and was not made by gamefreak.

16. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    And this is the best comment thus far, by far.

haxan likes this.
  17. monkeyman4412

monkeyman4412 Gbatemp's moronic trash

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Darn, I can't come up with something edgy
    And as a friendly reminder, most AAA (before microtrashums (microtransactions)) AAA games usually made only made a million or more (certainly not billions.) So now let's consider your argument for it would become too much. A company that makes a billion dollars should be able higher enough people to get every single move, to add every single feature, to add what was previously there. It's not a knee jerk reaction like a lot of people think. This is been a frustration built over time and this is the line a lot of people a drawing. Removal of battle frontier, the tutorials getting intrusively long and pacing being busted. Loosing megas and Z moves and unable to carry over special pokemon like ear spiked pikachu. Loosing the ability to have Pokemon follow you. Post game getting shorter and shorter. The noting of reused animations, seeing models the exact same, and then getting told that they are removing pokemon and all are not there while paying for 60 dollars PER GAME. With the previous entries everyone forgave some of the small misshaps since Pokemon was priced a 30 dollars like most 3ds games. Now tell people to pay double the amount, and loose half the content of what is there,
    You can see how this pisses people off. And I'm not even talking about other features that were also removed.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Let's also not forget sword and shield can get the ULTRA treatment, and there you get to pay a additional 60 dollars for what was cut.

Carlos_DobleC and antiNT like this.
  18. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Well we don't know what "would be 'cut' yet". The games look great. Anyone complaining otherwise are finding excuses to hate it only due to the national dex mishap. They're putting a bloody lot of energy into finding reasons to hate the game, and exaggerating other things about it, to make it look bad, simply due to one negative thing. Anyone saying "the games look terrible" are fooling themselves and are simply being childish and attempting to justify their anger about the national dex being cut.

Jonna likes this.
  19. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    Man all these good Pokémon stuck in a shit game... it hurts me deeply that GF decided to be lazy and cut Pokémon. Years and years worth of Pokémon collections GONE

DarthDub likes this.
  20. Josshy0125

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    What makes it shit? Please tell me all about the game, because you've clearly played it. This is the nonsensical, childish attitude I'm talking about. And no, they're not lazy. This game clearly has a lot placed into it. But by all means, keep trying to exaggerate in a sad attempt to distract from the real reason you're upset; the national dex. The game looks great. Sorry that one thing is making you exaggerate about other areas, which are perfectly fine. Sheesh.

Jonna likes this.
  21. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    GameFreak, stop being lazy and add every Pokemon.

codezer0 likes this.
  22. Scarlet

Scarlet A Convenient Oddity

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    Game was hecka fun to play, and these Pokemon look rad. I really like the new team too, I'm hoping they're more overenthusiastic than evil though.

haxan and Josshy0125 like this.
  23. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    3DS had everything, please don't spread misinformation.

Lacius and DarthDub like this.
  24. DuoForce

DuoForce GBAtemp Fan

Mar 19, 2017
    United States
    Oh great, the YOU HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME TO CRITICIZE IT argument. The National dex is the least of my worries when Pokémon games from 1999, 2003, and 2006 have vastly better animations than what we have now. The graphics are hardly a step up from sun and moon despite being on a handheld with console tier graphics. The National dex fucking sucks, but there’s more to it than just that.

Just because I don’t like the game doesn’t mean I’m childish, it just means I’m not a corporate bootlicker

Last edited by DuoForce, Aug 8, 2019
    monkeyman4412 and DarthDub like this.
  25. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

May 15, 2015
    Canada
    Canada
    Please give an absolute technical reference point comparison that demonstrates the graphical infidelity you claim is occurring with the new game.

Josshy0125 likes this.