New Pokemon Scarlet & Violet trailer, features new Girafarig evolution, Farigiraf

Yet another trailer has been released for the upcoming Pokemon Gen 9 games, Scarlet & Violet. This trailer focuses on some of the new features that will be included in Gen9.

The trailer starts of showcase the new Terastalize feature for your own Pokemon, as well as Pokemon in the wild being able to be encountered in a terastilzed form, where you basically have to lower the health of the wild Pokemon to remove its Tera form and be able to capture it.
There will be up to 18 Tera forms in the game, most likely each one focusing on a main Pokemon typing, like Fire, Water, etc.

Riding on the main legendaries on the wild, as well as making map pinpoints are also showcased, and they show off a part of the new Team Star base and some gameplay against them. You also can now craft Technical Machines (TMs) right from the Pokemon Centers with materials you get from defeated or captured Pokemon. A small glimpse of the Titan Pokemon quest, and the town of Artazon and its gym are also showcased.

A new Pokemon has been unveiled, this time is an evolution of the Gen 2 Pokemon, Girafarig, which evolves into the new Farigiraf, keeping the palindrome motif from it's original form.
Some other small features, like character customization, in-game pictures, picnics, Tera raid battles.

With only a few weeks remaining until the release of Scarlet & Violet, there's still plenty more surprises to be unveiled.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Pokemon lost it when they made a candle into a Pokémon

Hard to disagree.
That was pretty much the turning point for me.
While Gen 5 was the peak in terms of storytelling for Pokemon games, the Pokemon themselves introduced in it were really lackluster.
After that it just started going downhill for me, they completely lost me past Gen 5.

Reactions: k7ra and RobXcore

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, is that a Giraffe or not?
CkD3CKBVAAA1yxe.jpg

Also, why those Sunfloras run at 5 fps?

Reactions: DKB

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I cannot comprehend how this thing is as successful as it is.
Its just the same, over and over.

What am I missing?

Reactions: SavageNoble

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i want an underwear looking pokemon and pantsu also.

also i stopped caring about pokemon around sixth gen. but i got back into 8th gen and i love the starter's in gen 8. these are my new fav gens gen 2 is 2nd place. 3 place is gen 3.

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also, why those Sunfloras run at 5 fps?
probably disabled interpolation, though normally they do that when something is far away.

BTT: Feature wise it looked good imo, though I still don't get why they settled for this ugly graphical style, if they changed it it wood make the game far better, also shoutout to my bro Jigglypuf just totally not giving a shit about some rando kid creeping up to it while staring right into their eyes.

jesus96

Pinkboi
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Still not a fan of this detective pikachu artstyle and i hope they go back for the real pokemon one for the next gen,wouldn't be surprised if they had detective pikachu 2 assets already and they use them for this gen

Seriously the first time i legitimately don't care for a Pokemon gen

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot comprehend how this thing is as successful as it is.
Its just the same, over and over.

What am I missing?
It's like sports games, whether it's FIFA, 2K, MLB or Madden NFL, gameplay's always the same, yet fans will buy them every year.

Although gameplay/mechanism is always the same (catch pokemon, grinding and fight boss), they do throw some new features into the game every year like new abilities, new pokemons and updated visuals/animations, etc. Just like in sports games they keep updating team info according to real life.

Sir Tortoise

Trophies
XP
Country
Pokemon has always had designs based on random real world objects. They don't have to be to everyone's tastes, but they work, they can be cool designs completely irrespective of what they're loosely based off.

And at least they're not the fursuit-style humanoid pokemon that are everywhere, now.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Pokemon lost it when they made a candle into a Pokémon
I'd say the candle pokèmon looks way better than this thing. Maybe the effing keychain one, then yeah, sure.
Imo, Pokèmon has been on a steady decline ever since the series went full 3d, both games and pokèmon designs just got more and more worse.

This thing, like... I don't see how the effing tail just ends up basically swallowing the neck/head, but sure, whatever, it still looks like crap and stupid. Honestly, the scrapped evo that had the black part become similar to the other part is better, imo.
Uh, maybe the evo could've been the black part becoming bigger and shit and becoming the "main" side rather than whatever they did here.

Reactions: Jumping-Jolteon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1