New Pokemon Scarlet and Violet trailer goes live tomorrow

mklfdkmfldkmfd.png

It's time for an announcement of an announcement: Nintendo is dropping a new trailer for Pokemon Scarlet and Violet tomorrow. At 6am PDT, we'll get some brand new information about the next generation of Pokemon games. Right now, we know the gen 9 starters, as well as the launch window, which is set for "late 2022".

:arrow: Source

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I really hope they end up delaying this game. Legends was fun but was clearly rushed and unpublished. Plus, they Anime ended the game and the ending was fucking stupid as a result. So I do hope they do better and learn from Legends.

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope they end up delaying this game. Legends was fun but was clearly rushed and unpublished. Plus, they Anime ended the game and the ending was fucking stupid as a result. So I do hope they do better and learn from Legends.
That's the new Pokemon standard. It's been there since X and Y but it still sells so why change.

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the new Pokemon standard. It's been there since X and Y but it still sells so why change.
Yeah, I kept giving the series a chance, but...for me it started getting stale around Sun and Moon. I even tried Legends because people said it's the best game ever and...it was...really boring. I managed to like, get to the Arcanine boss and I just stopped caring and moved on to other games. Sword and Shield's DLC was also mostly "meh" and the main game was just forgettable.

Now I just think I'm done with it...not even interested in looking into this, maybe I'll watch the trailer, but...eh.

Spinoffs, yeah, give me an expansion or something on Snap, lol

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I kept giving the series a chance, but...for me it started getting stale around Sun and Moon. I even tried Legends because people said it's the best game ever and...it was...really boring. I managed to like, get to the Arcanine boss and I just stopped caring and moved on to other games. Sword and Shield's DLC was also mostly "meh" and the main game was just forgettable.

Now I just think I'm done with it...not even interested in looking into this, maybe I'll watch the trailer, but...eh.

Spinoffs, yeah, give me an expansion or something on Snap, lol
I don't know you, but your name remembered me something
They should bring youngster joey back as an easter egg that actual youngster wouldn't understand and make meme about him, being like "lol look at this rattata guy being all whatsoever, do you i made a fine discovery" and all of us who played gold silver telling them "you have no idea_

Reactions: zxr750j

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
They did publish it.

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It pains me to say this, but after XY, ORAS, LGPE and Sword/Shield...I don't care anymore.
It honestly feels like Pokemon is becoming far too similar to The Simpsons, continuing on just due to name recognition and people still buying/watching it instead of it retaining any actual quality. People have already coined the term "Zombie Simpsons", so I'm gonna be unoriginal and say it's now the era of "Zombie Pokemon".

Except unlike the Simpsons, which has actually suffered from a massive drop in viewership, Pokemon's numbers are actually rising despite the games becoming disappointing garbage. Just...ugh.

Reactions: wartutor

wartutor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this one actually include all pokemon?
THIS...but yeah probably not graphics take president over game play now and days. Sad world when you "cant" but still "got to catch'em all".

It pains me to say this, but after XY, ORAS, LGPE and Sword/Shield...I don't care anymore.
It honestly feels like Pokemon is becoming far too similar to The Simpsons, continuing on just due to name recognition and people still buying/watching it instead of it retaining any actual quality. People have already coined the term "Zombie Simpsons", so I'm gonna be unoriginal and say it's now the era of "Zombie Pokemon".

Except unlike the Simpsons, which has actually suffered from a massive drop in viewership, Pokemon's numbers are actually rising despite the games becoming disappointing garbage. Just...ugh.

Pokemon always knew how to market to children. More and more children (and younger and younger) are playing games than ever before. So the couple of older fans that drop the series are replaced 10 fold by mindless children that never played the older better titles.

IluaLinerin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Ever since they abandoned the isometric pixelart style of the original games when they switched to the 3ds that this franchise has been going full speed towards shitland, the fact that they still use the engine, models and animations from the 3DS says a lot of the type of low ass effort budget the games have now, you can find more interesting games in the hackrom scene, like pokemon prism.
If i where the pokemon company, i would just release these games, and then wait for the next Switch console, with the idea to develop a buy to play MMO game with option to singleplayer, and start by putting the first two regions in it, and sell any other region as a expansion for 25$, with revised exploration mechanics using ultraflight as an actual flight instead of the sorry ass teleport it actually is, subacuatic exploration, and more stuff in each zone to bring the world depth you can see on the anime into the games, making routes actually long ass connections between X and Y, but with bifurcations to more places, im tired of the railroad that we have been getting the past 20+ years, i could understand it back in te gameboy up to the DS era, but after touching the 3DS it didn't make any sense.
Basically making a full pokemon game with everything so far, that i can keep upgrading and adding new regions as i need them, creating a unified system for both singleplayer, and multiplayer experiencies.
We don't need a game every 2 or 3 years, what we need is service we all can keep coming back when we want it, no more single region gimmicks, let's forget about dynamax, megas,supers, z moves, x moves, fucking moves, im so freaking tired of getting a pokemon game, just to forget about seeing half of what makes it good once the new entry hits the shelves in 1 years, i want more exploration, more lore, story, interaction with other players, more freedom to tackle the game as i see fit, wasn't the point of the game's that it was an adventure to catch them all? for *ucks sake, let me catch them however i want.
And then you realize that over half the stuff i want in a pokemon game is what the hackrom community has been doing over the past 15 years.
F you The Pokemon Company, Nintendo, Gamefreak and Creatures.inc . F You.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off