New Pokémon Let's Go trailer shows new features and changes to the world of Kanto

Nintendo has released a brand new trailer for Pokemon Let's Go. In it, we can see some new features, mechanics, and details for the game. Some of these additions include a new design for Blue/Gary, now called a "friendly" rival. Players can also dress up their character with different clothes, and can alter the hairstyle of their Pikachu and Eevee. You can traverse the world by riding large Pokemon, such as Charizard, Onix, and Arcanine. When your Pokemon follow you ala HGSS, they can also find items in the overworld for you. Pokemon Let's Go launches on November 16.

Official promotional art and a new Kanto world map were also released, which you can see below.

IMG_9839.JPG IMG_9840.JPG IMG_9841.JPG IMG_9842.JPG

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it really matter? Don't most people just skip as much dialogue as possible? Your rival always sucks as a trainer anyway, and that's been my biggest peeve for a while. He stops being motivational when you're battling him with six Pokemon to his three, and your Pokemon are higher level regardless. Really we just need difficulty levels implemented, or at least NG+.
Whatchu you talking about willis? Dialogues is huge. And your pokemon generally aren't unless you grinded like made getting that gyradoes before misty. N's a great example as he only used pokemon from the wild made pretty interesting compositions. Gary's team was actually a pretty huge deal. Exeggutor was one of the best pokemon in the game along with alakazam etc. He wasn't no push over especially not in pokemon stadium. If your whining over have 6 to his 3 then dont have 6 pokemon? He was notorious for making you black out before getting your pokemon healed. you grinded to beat the spearow lv 9 and eevee even when you caught pokemon at route 22.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If your whining over have 6 to his 3 then dont have 6 pokemon?
My point is that he gets behind early and stays behind throughout the game. Even once it's 6v6 his team is severely under-leveled every time you battle him. It's also a problem for all the random trainers throughout the game too, thus the difficulty level/NG+ suggestion. People who started with gen1 are in their 30s and 40s now FFS, at least give us the option for a challenge if it's not built into the base game.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Certainly in Sun/Moon anyway. Fuck that's terrible writing and there's so goddamn much of it. My first play through in any of the other games I've read the story, of course. Enjoyable in parts, I've only played like four generations though. Fell off with the series back after gen2 then came back later to play some 3DS/DS games.

Last edited by Xzi,

RivenMain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My point is that he gets behind early and stays behind throughout the game. Even once it's 6v6 his team is severely under-leveled every time you battle him. It's also a problem for all the random trainers throughout the game too, thus the difficulty level/NG+ suggestion. People who started with gen1 are in their 30s and 40s now FFS, at least give us the option for a challenge if it's not built into the base game.
https://www.serebii.net/black2white2/easychallengemode.shtml They've implemented ways around it, but Really from the beginning of the game u have the choice on how the game will go. Go nidoran double kick and steam roll through. butterfree. squirtle. There's plenty of shortcuts dugtrio a big one. But I'd rather be 2 hours in with 4 badges then 2 hours in before getting my first. o.o I actually defeated brock with just a pikachu. And nothing else. It was tough! but nuzelockes and stuff dont need to be enforced on a player its ur choice xD

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
https://www.serebii.net/black2white2/easychallengemode.shtml They've implemented ways around it, but Really from the beginning of the game u have the choice on how the game will go. Go nidoran double kick and steam roll through. butterfree. squirtle. There's plenty of shortcuts dugtrio a big one. But I'd rather be 2 hours in with 4 badges then 2 hours in before getting my first. o.o I actually defeated brock with just a pikachu. And nothing else. It was tough! but nuzelockes and stuff dont need to be enforced on a player its ur choice xD
Both options should've been available at the start without beating the game, because it's just an option. Nintendo/GameFreak still hasn't learned this lesson. But yeah Nidoran just wrecks faces very early game in Yellow. Probably the case for Let's Go too.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
don't know how you play but every time i reach the pokemon league im always severed under leveled because i don't randomly grind, well i was under leveled until x and y i guess where under leveled became a thing of the past due to exp share.

heck in rby blue is a beast, having almost 10-15 levels over you and you don't have anything to hit that much for alakazam since there are no decent dark/ghost/bug moves in the game same for exegcutor although you can have a fire pokemon or ice.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
don't know how you play but every time i reach the pokemon league im always severed under leveled because i don't randomly grind, well i was under leveled until x and y i guess where under leveled became a thing of the past due to exp share.

heck in rby blue is a beast, having almost 10-15 levels over you and you don't have anything to hit that much for alakazam since there are no decent dark/ghost/bug moves in the game same for exegcutor although you can have a fire pokemon or ice.
That's fair, lack of challenge was less of a problem in Gen1 compared to later generations, culminating with the tutorial basically lasting half the game in Sun/Moon. Still wouldn't mind an overall difficulty bump (optional) for Gen1 as long as the curve is still good.

D

Deleted User

I don't like that they had an opportunity to finally make a kanto -> johto game and they wasted it on "pokemon go players are too dumb for postgame content"
Always wanted to see Johto on switch graphics and see how Johto was in Red/Blue time period.

Honestly I think this game looks pretty good and I'm intrigued by the new wild pokemon system but I'm put off by how shallow this remake is, especially since FRLG offered more, just because they assume Pokemon Go players, many who complained that there aren't more features like main series has, need things dumbed down. People who play Go and haven't played the 3DS games probably won't be lured into buying a Switch anyway.

They don't even let you into Brock's gym unless you bring a Pokemon with type advantage I hear. When is Pokemon gonna do a BOTW and return to being a game you can explore? Noone liked all the constant interruptions by NPCs in USUM

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, animation are much better here than on 3DS
it was to be expected
Honnestly I was tired of those painted face on 3ds Pokemon
Like, it was too obvious it was just textures
Now, faces really are animated, its njot just paint :D

Nomelas

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry guys, but this game is aimed at younger audiences (lets face it, they all are)... I cant wait to play this with my 4 year old daughter. it will make catching pokemon really enjoyable for us.

Reactions: Xzi

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate the whole "friendly rival" thing. Why even have a rival if it's just your best friend?
Where's the Gary Oak's of the world to be a total piece of shit and rile you up to become the very best?

Also he looks like a shitty Mii made by a 7 year old. Super generic. Is he your rival? Or a youngster

samcambolt270

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And everyone knows the armpit and the bellybutton are the most sensual parts of a lady? :huh:
For many, yes. Considering the belly button and armpit are oft fetshised parts of a woman's body (even more so in japan), I'd say it's a very inappropriate attire for a twelve year old girl to be wearing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass