New Pokemon Direct will air tomorrow, Feb 27th

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    I’d buy it

Trading card game

jt_1258 likes this.
  2. saltyCake

saltyCake Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    Germany
    Germany
    Pokemon Gen 1 remakes for the Nintendo Switch (would be fitting for 7Minutes, i think). Or they are just there because it's Pokemon and they don't have a Special meaning (but it's Nintendo, they love it to make something unexpected).

3. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    you must be kidding, right?
    There's like already a remake of pokemon gen 1 for switch, you know?

MAXLEMPIRA and Sophie-bear like this.
  4. saltyCake

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    Germany
    Germany
    Oh i forgot! Pokemon Let's go is already a Gen 1 remake. I stoped thinking for a secound.

5. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Isabelle as a Starter Pokemon confirmed.

*Winks in Gamexplain*

H1B1Esquire likes this.
  6. saltyCake

Newcomer
    Feb 10, 2019
    Germany
    Germany
    A new Animal Crossing was already anounced in a Direct.

Source: https://www.techradar.com/news/animal-crossing-on-nintendo-switch

If this is what you want. Or do you expect a new Game? There was already a new Animal Crossing announced in the Direct.
    More Information will be available soon.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  7. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    err animal crossing is already announced.. chances are we get a look before or at e3.

MAXLEMPIRA likes this.
  8. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Jun 24, 2012
    Mexico
    Kanto <- Hyrule -> Unova
    That's better, and you're right. But it seems that implementing a new region, new PKMN and a whole new story makes the difference. I can say I'm a huge fan of PKMN, and the fact of exploring the new region and meet new PKMN makes that feeling of excitment. Ever Gen comes with new Mechanics, new items, new moves, new abilities... and a lot more... for me... COD and FIFA are all the same from year to year... some new mechanics here and there... but not a real chance to be necessary a new game per year... at least in PKMN there's no real reason to buy every game every year, but you buy one on the same Gen, you can play with all those games, that like 4 years from gen to gen... something that not happens on COD/FIFA. I mean... yeah, annual game, no point to compare

Orangy57 likes this.
  9. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    yay more genning for VGC worlds is a disease full of hacked mons and cheaters and nobody cries foul....though it wold be funny if vgc 19 got canceled because everyone got disqualified for cheating for once :rofl2:

Last edited by chrisrlink, Feb 27, 2019
  10. kingaz

kingaz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    United States
    Shot in the dark, but I take it that you're a verlisify dittohead.

I'm not exactly sure what you would suggest be done about genning Pokemon, given that this particular Pandora's box has been jammed open for decades now. It's not hard to gen Pokemon that are indistinguishable from legit mons down to each individual byte. They can hack check all they want, but unless you think that people should be dq'd without any evidence that they genned their mons, then it just comes off as whining for no reason.

Look, I get it. The Pokemon Company made rules, and those rules are easily broken. It is reasonable to assume that they are routinely broken given that A) it is so inconvenient to get optimized mons legitimately, B) they have no true way of enforcing their rules, and C) the means to gen mons are so universally available. But while this changes the nature of the competitive game into something different, I argue that the end result is still worthwhile. Removing the need to fuck around with stuff like RNG stats and event exclusives, players are able to focus entirely on team building and strategy. And since the means are widely available, everyone is on a roughly even field.

Maybe it's not ideal, but it's definitely not worthless.

11. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    easy test modded save=ban right (I'm sure nintendo put more hack checks that could trip a hidden byte or something maybe it'll disable competition mode idk also previously banned consoles are a dead give away even if you didn;'t do a mod of your save they may dq you for having a hacked system (remember their not playing around this gen (let me put up a scenario) at VGC there's a manditory log in to the wifi/internet to register so anyone with super banned units will automaticly be dq'd next is a little trickier what to do bout those that trade over those genned mon to a clean switch? I'm sure nintendo thought/is thinking of that I'm sure they have something up their sleeve on another note i wonder what if any AP gen 8 will have but seeing that LGPE/SSBU had none i doubt it

12. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    Pokemon Fake and Real versions

13. xs4all

xs4all GBAtemp Fan

Jun 9, 2008
    Australia
    7 minutes? I wish I could last that long.

14. tomhanks69

tomhanks69 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    tomhanks69 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 31, 2017
    United States
    'Murica
    Just the right amount of chuckle i needed this morning lmao.

15. GarnetSunset

GarnetSunset GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    poke sword shield

16. Noctosphere

Noctosphere Adoptive father of my kitty named Zelda

Banned
    GBAtemp Patron
    Noctosphere is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 30, 2013
    Canada
    Back with kitty Zelda forever :D
    5 MINS

17. GarnetSunset

GarnetSunset GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2017
    United States
    called it

18. kingaz

kingaz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    United States
    1) Use. Periods. This mess makes you come off like a gibbering child.

2) Easy? How do you tell if a save is modded? Remember, the user has complete control over their console, so if there is a moddedsave=true value, the user can set it to false.

3) You're sure Nintendo has thought of something? Good grief.

There's a saying when it comes to networking: never trust the client. The system is compromised, so any hidden checks can simply be found and set to true. The only real solution will involve some sort of always online functionality to verify the integrity of the save and the pokemon. Anything else is trivial to work around.

19. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    You think it's as easy as modifying a flag... K then..

20. kingaz

kingaz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    United States
    I don't actually think that there is such a value - I was merely demonstrating how such a system would be utterly pointless.