New Pokemon Announcement "Coming Soon"!

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A portion of an IGN interview with Game Freak director Junichi Masuda and game designer Takeshi Kawachimaru…

QUOTE said:
IGN: The Pokemon series has stayed very similar throughout it’s lifespan. Are there plans to revamp the game and give it an overhaul?

Masuda: Yes, I understand that people talk about the strength and weakness of the series. And we always make our effort to increase the good things about Pokemon. There is something we want to improve and enhance all the time. There are lots of ideas out there and we want to make that idea realized to enhance the gameplay of Pokemon. There is some day soon that we can make an announcement about new stuff, so that’s something you can look forward to.

Full Interview
News Source: GoNintendo

Hopefully we here of a Gold/Silver/Crystal remake...

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
I want a game where you play as Team Rocket..........stealin Pokeymans
biggrin.gif

sa1amandra

Gazzaro Launching!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Senor Saturno said:
I want a game where you play as Team Rocket..........stealin Pokeymans
biggrin.gif
2 simple reasons why they will not do that
1. It'll impose on the younger audience to steal
2. Game would probably lack depth

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I so hope that means a reinvention of the Pokemon series.... but I doubt it. *sigh* I'll settle for a Gold and Silver remake though. Probably holding out on those until the DS starts losing steam.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
The only way I'll get excited for this is if:

1. It's a G/S remake OR
2. A Pokemon game in 3D with active-time battles. You control the Pokemon and can move around, fly, avoid attacks, actually use moves like Protect and such right before the attack hits, etc.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:
War said:
2. A Pokemon game in 3D with active-time battles. You control the Pokemon and can move around, fly, avoid attacks, actually use moves like Protect and such right before the attack hits, etc.
That's what I was trying to get at.

That will never work, it will require strategy and obvious tactics in order to use the game.

What I'm looking forward to is a spin-off party game from Pokemon; kind of mediocre however it can prove good over time.

BAHIM Z 360

B-but I'm not a new member :(
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
They should make a new gameplay for their pokemon games i mean how many years has passed since the first pokemon game? and its allways the same gameplay!! i just played pokemon platinum a couble of days and i wasnt that much impressed.. its just the same old pokemon gamestyle....they should do somthing new to their game!!
frown.gif

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind if they tried to make it a Active Battle System like Final Fantasy 4...
But then again...They'll probably go over-board with the hyperbeam delay...

soldialga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon platinum + final fantasy 4 = best game ever

the pokemon battle just like statue LOL

they shoul add motion like pokemon battle revolution if they add it i will become pokemon fan again

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
You see the pokemon from a 3D isometric view or top view and you assign 4 moves to 4 different buttons, and instead of PP, when you press a button to use a move, there would be a gauge, and when you use a move it would drop from full to empty, and would slowly recharge so you can use the move again, and the speed of the recharging depends on the original PP of the move (eg 5/5 would recharge slower than 10/10). And how fast the pokemon moves depends on its speed stat, and the amount of knockback taken from physical and special attacks would depend on the pokemon's def or sp def, and the amount of knockback dealt would depend on the pokemon's attack or sp attack stat....The only problem is how would you use items, although the DS would have no problem handling that, as the different type of item icons would appear some where on the touch screen, and you just touch it to use it, same for pokemon switching, there would be icons of your party pokemon on the touch screen, and you just touch them to switch out, which is also the same for fleeing, there would be a flee icon somewhere there too...
Copy and pasted this from one of my posts on another forum. xP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night