New Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8th

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think its going to be either a Steel or Poison type eevolution, judging by the coloring of the letter. Which will premier in the new movie as well as be present in the 6th Gen games.

I guess it could also be that blueish color that's used for flying types in the last games.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
I really don't want a Gen 6.
Black and White / BW2 are the only games I've never played, they were just a step too far; there are now too many pokemon.
I'm super stoked for the idea of a RSE remake, so this isnt because I'm growing out of the franchise, but I just don't like how they are (imo) ruining the franchise by adding far too much to it.. none of the Gen 5 pokemon are anywhere near as creative as gens 1/2/3/(4).

They need to reboot the franchise; go back to Kanto + 10/50/100 years and tell a new story, maybe just focus on a quest as opposed to the regular gym battle format. They need to do something new, and squeeze new content out of what already exists.

Nintendo are great, in that they innovate, and create new content with their franchises, as opposed to other blockbuster games (CoD, AC, NFS etc;) which reuse engines/textures etc; ... But with Pokemon I fell theyve innovated too far, and now the ingame world is TOO big.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They made a remake of Red/Green/Gold/Silver, so now they are probably gonna make a remake of Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

I just wish so much they would, I loved Pokemon Ruby/Emerald and the Hoenn region is awesome, not to mention it was the only one I could decorate the cities easily :):yaysp:

Reactions: Deleted User

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not only for the 3DS, we DS users shouldn't be left out of this too.
Yes 3DS, DS is pretty much dead. It's stupid to develop a new game for a console whose successor has been out for over a year. They've pretty much reached the limit on what they could do with the DS in BW2. Not to mention the new Mystery Dungeon game is for the 3DS as well.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I really don't want a Gen 6.
Black and White / BW2 are the only games I've never played, they were just a step too far; there are now too many pokemon.
I'm super stoked for the idea of a RSE remake, so this isnt because I'm growing out of the franchise, but I just don't like how they are (imo) ruining the franchise by adding far too much to it.. none of the Gen 5 pokemon are anywhere near as creative as gens 1/2/3/(4).

They need to reboot the franchise; go back to Kanto + 10/50/100 years and tell a new story, maybe just focus on a quest as opposed to the regular gym battle format. They need to do something new, and squeeze new content out of what already exists.

Nintendo are great, in that they innovate, and create new content with their franchises, as opposed to other blockbuster games (CoD, AC, NFS etc;) which reuse engines/textures etc; ... But with Pokemon I fell theyve innovated too far, and now the ingame world is TOO big.

They need to innovate the franchise all the time, not to mention it wouldn't turn out so great if they would milk games with Kanto region.

Black/White 2 were awesome games with minor and major adjustments from Black/White.
Again, don't call yourself a Pokemon fan if you are gonna bash on gens, I liked gen 1,2,3,4 and 5.
Just because some people don't look like ''Pokemon'' (they are virtual monsters anyway) that doesn't mean the gen wasn't creative.

Yes 3DS, DS is pretty much dead. It's stupid to develop a new game for a console whose successor has been out for over a year. They've pretty much reached the limit on what they could do with the DS in BW2. Not to mention the new Mystery Dungeon game is for the 3DS as well.
I really doubt they would make a Pokemon game to the 3DS only, mostly because from Diamond to Black 2 it was all on the DS.
Not to mention Black/White 2 has some DSi/3DS enhancements.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really doubt they would make a Pokemon game to the 3DS only, mostly because from Diamond to Black 2 it was all on the DS.
Not to mention Black/White 2 has some DSi/3DS enhancements.
http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/
Besides, all games up to and including Gold/Silver were playable on the original Gameboy. That didn't stop Crystal from being a GB Color exclusive.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
http://www.serebii.net/dungeoninfinity/
Besides, all games up to and including Gold/Silver were playable on the original Gameboy. That didn't stop Crystal from being a GB Color exclusive.
Your opinion, still I want them to make a game onto the DS, the DS is not yet dead, it still has got too much to offer which developers didn't squeeze yet.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Your opinion, still I want them to make a game onto the DS, the DS is not yet dead, it still has got too much to offer which developers didn't squeeze yet.
Dude, it has 4MB RAM and a slow-ass CPU. That's like JUST enough to load the graphics used in a normal Gen 5 Pokemon battle. No developer would want to try to create something new on old hardware that limited when the successor is readily available and has a fairly sizable userbase by now.

Reactions: chavosaur

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
They need to innovate the franchise all the time, not to mention it wouldn't turn out so great if they would milk games with Kanto region.

Black/White 2 were awesome games with minor and major adjustments from Black/White.
Again, don't call yourself a Pokemon fan if you are gonna bash on gens, I liked gen 1,2,3,4 and 5.
Just because some people don't look like ''Pokemon'' (they are virtual monsters anyway) that doesn't mean the gen wasn't creative.

I was dissatisfied with the design of Gen 5, and the whole world really. I also couldnt be doing with the heightened level of handholding the game presented you with early on, so just gave up as I was massively dissapointed, and wasnt enjoying the experience. I have yet to play BW2 but aim to at some point. not sure if I'll finish or not.

Kanto, and its pokemon, are the most recognizable, and memorable aspects of pokemon. Gen 3 is my personal favourite, but I would consider the pokemon and world of Gen 1 to be the overall "best" (not talking about the game mechanics, just the WORLD and POKEMON). It also helps that a casual non-fan could probably name several of the classic 151, but hardly any of the pokemon post-kanto.

Think of all the situations and scenarios the player could be put inside that would drastically alter the experience, and result in exciting new games. my stance is this: I dont want any new pokemon, or any new regions, because (imo) they become less 'pokemon-ish' as they go along.

And also, I find
to be a terrible and immature arguement; it is possible to be a fan of something and not like everything associated with the franchise.
It's possible to be a pokemon fan, and dislike a specific region/gen.
It's possible to be a Doctor Who fan, and dislike a specific Doctor/series.
It's possible to be a Sherlock Holmes fan, and dislike a specific portrayel of Sherlock Holmes.
It's possible to be a hardcore fan of a sports team, and lose interest in your team if you dislike their actions over a specific season/tournament.

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Meloetta for example, it wasn't released on Europe and US.
What's your point? You forgot about the Gamefreak and Pokemon Japan tease. Why would they announce a western event lol

Forget any event, you don't hear anyone saying wait for the next 'big' 'important' 'major' news in the pokemon series across worldwide just for an event. Every source hints it being huge regarding what's next for Pokemon.

Events arent even hyped in the west, they are just revealed on the spot.

Please don't bring up that Mewtwo event, who ever fucking translated it is an idiot, they never said 'shocking news' to begin with lol

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's possible to be a pokemon fan, and dislike a specific region/gen.

Disliking a certain gen or region doesn't mean you need to bash on it.

I kinda agree with you, I don't need a 6th gen, I just want a R/S/E remake which has got gen 1,2,3,4 and 5.

pokmon-grumpy-genwunner.jpg

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What's your point? You forgot about the Gamefreak and Pokemon Japan tease. Why would they announce a western event lol

Forget any event, you don't hear anyone saying wait for the next 'big' 'important' 'major' news in the pokemon series across worldwide just for an event. Every source hints it being huge regarding what's next for Pokemon.

Please don't bring up that Mewtwo event, who ever fucking translated it is an idiot, they never said 'shocking news' to begin with lol

they may just be trolling.

you know, there was a picture of a clock. thats started all of this. then they thought... alright, lets troll the fuck out of them xD

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Dude, I know they would announce a mystery gift right away instead of holding out the suspense.

Now tell me, how am I supposed to complete the Unova Pokedex on Black 2 completely without having Meloetta which is on the Pokedex as unseen?
Only using cheating devices and I hate pokemon cheats.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey