1. AkiraKurusu

AkiraKurusu DS Pokémon Fan

Australia
    Not exactly why I was asking, but...thanks.

I'm just confused why they bothered with the "black sheep" of DOOM. The "red-headed stepchild" - though I don't understand why that's considered the odd one out; why not blond or black-haired? Anyway, why DOOM 3?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Dick, With Balls
    Reviewer

United States
    As someone who's already played Doom 1-3 in VR, it's because Doom 1 and 2 are shit VR games. The "fast paced" FPS style of Doom 1 and 2 doesn't translate into VR well at all, and you can tell ID was well aware of this when they made DOOM VFR slow as all fuck.

Doom 3's slow paced, story driven horror FPS style, however, does work very well with VR. You're not supposed to be going through levels in 0.5-3 minutes like 1/2, you're meant to "casually" make your way to your objective in "spooky" environments, which makes for an at least half-decent VR experience.

Also, it's "redheaded" because red heads make up something like 3% of the entire world's population, statistically speaking they're 100% the "odd one out".

Xzi, AkiraKurusu and banjo2 like this.
  3. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Quest requires a cable to use it with any VR games on PC, so.... :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:.

4. Tom Bombadildo

Reviewer

United States
    Except you can 100% use the Quest and Quest 2 as a wireless PCVR headset if you wanted to ;)

5. caki883

caki883 Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    eh? I never played a PC vr game with a Cable :D
    With Quest you play wireless with Virtual Desktop. Alyx was great, no cables only freedom

6. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    Thing is... the majority of people don't even know about, let alone understand how to set up Virtual Desktop/Shadow PC if they did.

7. Tom Bombadildo

Reviewer

United States
    And you're basing that claim on...what, exactly? Because you didn't know that? At least 650k people know about it given the number of purchases on Sidequest, and it's not like setting it up is any more difficult than "install this thing on your PC, congrats you're done". It's popular, it's easy, so I'm not quite sure what your point is really.

8. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

United States
    You number is like saying the majority of people mod and/or pirate their video games because GBATemp has had 3.71M site visits. I understand my point perfectly fine, I don't need to explain it to anyone that doesn't understand. More people purchase the cable or they wouldn't still be peddling it. Nothing left to say about it.

AkiraKurusu likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, announced, including