1. xstationbr

xstationbr Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    I see in some place another way to play backups on PlayStation Bravia TV X300. I dont remember If in Tweeter ir YouTube, but i think is on Tweeter.

2. xstationbr

xstationbr Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    [QUOTE = "antoclass, post: 9112060, membro: 398691"] Finalmente poderei reproduzir backups disso, que momento maravilhoso para estar vivo.
    [​IMG][/CITAR]

I found it here.

Attached Files:

zfreeman likes this.
  3. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    This is incredible, I am amazed to see that in the middle of 2020 there are still people developing incredible things for the Playstation 2. Although I find this incredible, here in Brazil it is practically impossible to find a PS2 without modchip.

Ryccardo likes this.
  4. Windows_10_User
    This message by Windows_10_User has been removed from public view by DinohScene, Jun 30, 2020 at 10:51 AM, Reason: Not English..
    Jun 30, 2020 at 7:09 AM Show
  5. MrCokeacola

MrCokeacola Xbox Connoisseur

Canada
    Good thing this exploit uses discs. Ya know considering how well made the PS2 disc drives are.

6. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Another good use I see with this development is the indie dev community.
    There are still several smaller devs who are developing games for retro consoles and so far the Dreamcast was the most advanced console, which could play pressed discs without any modification to the hardware.

FreeDVDBoot opens the same possibility for PS2 ports, which is pretty neat if you ask me.

7. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If your disc drive isn't working then you'd need to get someone to put freemcboot on a memory card, this is for people who don't have anyone that can do that for them.

You would need to come up with a way to exploit every single dvd player version with one disc for that to be practical, which I'm not sure is possible. You could put out a game on MILCD for dreamcast and it will work on most consoles and fail on late ones. With FreeDVDBoot you have to put a DVD out for each DVD player version you wish to support. Which might be okay if you're burning discs to order, but won't work for pressing.

Last edited by smf, Jun 30, 2020 at 11:37 AM
  8. iCEQB

iCEQB GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    CTurt released a hybrid DVD image, which works on 3.10 and 3.11 - he also had this to say:

https://twitter.com/CTurtE/status/1277664806523285504

I'm optimistic it will work out ;)

9. Urbanshadow

Urbanshadow GBAtemp Maniac

I tested it and can report the hybrid iso as working for v3.11E drive version, with the OSD language changed to english. I even chained it to OpenPS2Loader in an usb and launched a game in that very same usb without a memory card present.

Burned on a regular DVD-R with the Windows 10 integrated dvd burner.

Last edited by Urbanshadow, Jun 30, 2020 at 12:14 PM
  10. Goku1992A

Goku1992A GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't remember well but sometimes it recognize my external HD and sometimes it doesn't I just ended up using my laptop with Dolphin emulator.

I regret buying the Wii instead of the Wii U Luckily my laptop can play Wii and Wii U games flawlessly and also in HD

11. banjo2

banjo2 gamer

United States
    They're both cool or w/e, I just don't see how this makes FMCB as a whole "obsolete"

64bitmodels likes this.
  12. Jonna

Jonna Some sort of musician.

Canada
    Yeah, man! Get in your time machine and go back to 2002 to tell him how this works!

VinsCool likes this.
  13. alexander1970

alexander1970 Wuff Wuff.

Austria
    Great Achievement,Congratulations to @CTurt .:yay:
    Very good Work.

I think it also could work on the older Modells.
    I tried it on the Phat Modell 30004R PAL with English Language.
    The 3.10 DVD is recognized and starts into the DVD Movie Player Controls,but goes not further
    (This Disc can not played).

Thank you for this Exploit.:)

MrCokeacola and banjo2 like this.
  14. RyuShinobi500

RyuShinobi500 Aspiring C++ Programmer

United States
    Neat I must try this^_^

15. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    Well now I can't help but feel ripped off, and throw my SwapMagic discs in the trash. :/

16. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It would be great if it did happen, but he only says it might be possible. I am not going to get excited yet as he just added a 3.04 payload, but it's not merged with the 3.10 & 3.11 one.

It doesn't, practically it's useful for anyone who doesn't have FMCB installed yet or doesn't have a memory card to install FMCB onto. But it's also interesting from a theoretical point of view.

Last edited by smf, Jun 30, 2020 at 5:00 PM
  17. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

United States
    That isn't what I said. Games with very short load times have little benefit from using a hard drive.

18. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Will test it on my special edition PS2 Bravia tv edition since know that mostly all exploits were patched on it seeing the USB exploit or hard drive loading doesn't work on that unit. If it's like the previous disc exploit that are used on a lot of systems actually then I wouldn't advise doing it because it burns out the DVD player. Something that has to do with the reading speeds being a lot more intense with a Burned disc because of how it is burned compared to a PS2 disc that was burned differently to combat piracy. I'm guessing it's gonna mess up the DVD drive like it did with copied dvd's back in the day

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Haha I have the exact same unit ! Never sell it, gonna be a collecters item later on since they are quite rare.

19. TunaKetchup

TunaKetchup GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Vietnam
    The USB on the PS2 is like 1.0

Its probably the worst way to run PS2 games

The_Provider, duwen, Ryccardo and 2 others like this.
  20. Azerus_Kun

Azerus_Kun GBAtemp Regular

Uruguay
    same for uruguay lol

Moon164 likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - PlayStation, FreeDVDBoot, exploit