khaeroup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello everyone!

I'll be in Japan for 14days in april (yay!) and since i don't know when i'll be able to go back again i'd like to take some pics and print them.
At the moment my phone is a Honor 8, still doing great in performances (apps like whatsapp, facebook and so on run smoothly) so i wouldn't change it before next year (i think it can last and keep up 1y - 1y and a half) but i don't know if photos taken with this phone will be good when printed (never printed them). Plus, night time photos are not really great (it's really hard to take photos with this phone with low lights).

Basically my options are:
  1. Keep my Honor 8, and save some money, hoping printed photos will look good
  2. Buy a Xiaomi Mi 9, 48MP camera, printed photos should be good considering the resolution
Advices are welcome!

PS: Already thought about buying a reflex or a mirrorless camera. Problem is i don't find cameras handy and i don't know when i'll use said camera again (while the phone would be used on daily basis), already have a drone for when I go for a walk in the mountains.

AD2076

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You won't get good prints from any phone. A decent compact camera will give you better results and... you'll save some money.
Good prints are not about sensor resolution but about sensor size.

khaeroup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You won't get good prints from any phone. A decent compact camera will give you better results and... you'll save some money.
Good prints are not about sensor resolution but about sensor size.

So a Mirrorless camera (e.g. Sony Alpha 6000L, 23.6MP) will give better results than a phone with 48MP?

Total noob when it comes to photography ^^"

EDIT: If you have some camera models i should consider, please post them :D

Last edited by khaeroup,

AD2076

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So a Mirrorless camera (e.g. Sony Alpha 6000L, 23.6MP) will give better results than a phone with 48MP?

Sure.

EDIT: If you have some camera models i should consider, please post them :D

Nope, I bought mine some years ago. Just read some reviews, compare sample pictures (not from producers) and choose the one you like. I'd personally won't pay more than 300€

gohan123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how does japanese return policy works? in germany you could buy a camera and return it within 14 days with no questsions asked. or you can borrow a cam. although the price for the mi 9 on amazon italy is great.

Last edited by gohan123,

khaeroup

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
how does japanese return police works? in germany you could buy a camera and return it within 14 days with no questsions asked. or you can borrow a cam. although the price for the mi 9 on amazon italy is great.

Seems like taking advantage of some law technicality....not really into it lol
Yeah the price for the Mi9 is great..and buying a good quality camera is more or less the same price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1