New petiton to bring Kingdom Hearts 3 to Wii U.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by Bryon15, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
  2. Tokopimv

Tokopimv Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 1, 2012
    Netherlands
    Really? People still haven't discovered these internet petitions never work?

3. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    One supporter? And by he, do you mean you? I doubt the guy would make the petition and then not even sign it. WTF?

4. SolidSnake95
    This message by SolidSnake95 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Sep 25, 2013, Reason: We're not an imageboard -rp.
    Sep 25, 2013
  5. Osha

Osha Weh

Jun 19, 2012
    France
    I want this game, but I'm not signing, screw that. Stop making petitions for pointless things, peoples.

6. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    Vote with your wallet. Buy Wii U. That shows dedication. Petitions are pointless. Sales figures are what determine where projects go.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    oh fuck here we go again...... [​IMG]

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Kingdom Hears is not being released for the Wii U, end of. It's not a very popular platform, I don't know how the engine works but it may or may not push it in its entirety, it's developed for a different architecture and Square-Enix has decided to skip that system. It's not going to be released on XBox 360 or the PS3 either and you don't see other users going nuts over it.

9. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    "Johnson, Johnson, stop everything!"
    "What's the matter, sir?"
    "Look at this. There's an online petition... and it's for us!"
    "My God, there's 7 whole signatures. 7 signatures!"
    "Johnson, scrap everything, and I mean everything! Maybe we can still win their favor yet!"
    "I hope so, sir. I hope so."
    -Conversations that do not happen

The Wii U has a very limited userbase at the moment along with hardware that sags behind the upcoming competition. Wrangling out a Wii U version now would take a whole lot more time and money, and if there's no guarantee they'll get a return on their investment, why bother?

If people start buying the Wii U, I'm sure you'll see a Kingdom Hearts game on there eventually. Expecting SE to port the game over out of charity, however, is just silly.

10. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Just buy either a PS4 or an Xbox One. Square Enix is not going to port it to the Wii U.

11. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
  12. LAA

LAA GBAtemp Fan

Aug 3, 2008
    I've said what I think about this before, so I'll make it short.
    No. I'd rather have KH3 be better. If KH3 can be ported to WiiU with not much work needed, you'd have a better case, but so I don't think so. Honestly can't see a good enough reason to port to Wii U, apart from off screen TV, doubt they'd implement any touch screen novelties as PS4/X1.
    If you're lucky they may make an exclusive KH for Wii U at some point, but exclusive KHs may be behind us for a while... Though I have to say a KH for vita is much higher on my list *Fingers crossed for KH2.5 Vita at least* but hope an exclusive too, vita has a lot of features KH could make use of...

...So yeah stop complaining, buy a PS4/X1 if you want KH3, don't try and bend things so it only benefits you.

13. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    Denial. bitch please...until the Wii-U can shape up in sales, no Kingdom Hearts is comming. If ever. Shut up and buy a PS4 or Xbone...

stop moaning about Square-Enix not supporting a console behind the curve.

14. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    I'd rather have KH3 on PC than on Wii U :P

15. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Okay look, I've done a lot of research on this. And I see no reason why it shouldn't come to the Wii U. First it was thought it wouldn't because of what nomura said about directx11.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kingdom-hearts-iii-all-but-ruled-out-for-wii-u/

But some time ago it was confirmed that Wii U is capable of directx11 equivalent graphics.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Wi...ble-DirectX-11-Equivalent-Graphics-47126.html

And then a few weeks ago it was announced that the Kickstarter project candle (which uses directx11) would come to Wii U.

Web source: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/DirectX-11-Indie-Game-Candle-Coming-Wii-U-58370.html
    Video:

Official Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/spaniardmike/candle-a-dynamic-graphic-adventure/posts/566902

Source: Players Essence

And then it was revealed that someone actually misinterpreted what tetsuya nomura said.

http://playeressence.com/kingdom-he...icial-video-what-square-enix-said-about-dx11/

Nomura never said that it wasn't coming to the Wii U. He actually didn't even mentioned the Wii U in that interview. What he said is every platform that can support the tools — specifically DirectX11 — is meant for consideration. Well, it's been proven that the Wii U can support "the tools". So there's no reason why it won't come to Wii U.

I also found this, but I don't know how credible it is.

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/38710/20130822/kingdom-hearts-3-release-date.htm

16. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    The reason is simple if you didnt figure it out
    WiiU sells like shit, 3 people own one, its not worth the time and money to port it espically by squarenix which is in a bit of financial trouble
    Just buy a ps4 and stop bitching

17. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    I don't want a PS4. I don't like it. It's not backward compatible and they charge for online. Plus I've always been more partial towards nintendo.

18. emigre
    This message by emigre has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Sep 25, 2013, Reason: unecessary.
    Sep 25, 2013
  19. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    You will buy one and you will like it!

20. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Don't buy it then.
    Fair enough.
    Yep - it's not. Anyone interested in a PS3 already has one and there's no reason to trade it in. If you don't have a PS3 then you likely don't have PS3 games. If you don't have PS3 games then you can stream them to your PS4 or even PSVita via Gaikai... so where's the problem?
    Which the game you're interested in, Kingdom Hearts 3, doesn't have.
    So you were never truly interested in Kingdom Hearts games which are mostly released on Sony's systems since PS2 days. :rolleyes:

Hikaru likes this.
  21. Bryon15
    OP

Bryon15 GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 9, 2010
    United States
    united states
    Why should I have to deal with it? What if it were Wii U exclusive? All the sony fans would be complaining just like I am. They did when platinum announced bayonetta 2. And look at this.

http://www.change.org/petitions/grand-theft-auto-v-for-wii-u

Grand theft auto fans made a petition for a Wii U version of GTA V. Why is it okay for them to make one but not for kingdom hearts fans?

22. Ethevion

Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Sep 23, 2010
    Canada
    This is a great idea! It'll definitely work!

/sarcasm