New Persona 5 Strikers trailer offers a look at its gameplay and English voice acting

Persona-5-Strikers.jpg

We're just over a month away from the release date of Persona 5 Strikers in the west. Arriving on PlayStation 4, Steam, and Nintendo Switch, the game takes the cast of popular JRPG and puts them in the hack-and-slash genre that Koei Tecmo's Warriors series is known for. In the latest trailer for the game, SEGA shows off the game's English voice acting, while giving a glimpse at gameplay and story elements.

lemonmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played a Persona game. This looks really exciting though, hack-and-slash is a genre I've been wanting to get into (I held off Hyrule Warriors until I beat BOTW one day).

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never played a Persona game. This looks really exciting though, hack-and-slash is a genre I've been wanting to get into (I held off Hyrule Warriors until I beat BOTW one day).

Well I'm confused because they did have Persona 1-3 for PSP now idk if that was the spin-off version from the PS2 or a port. I think you have to play them in order but idk maybe someone can specify

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well I'm confused because they did have Persona 1-3 for PSP now idk if that was the spin-off version from the PS2 or a port. I think you have to play them in order but idk maybe someone can specify
Other than some cross-over non-canon games the five Persona titles have completely separate stories. It doesn't matter which one you start with, the only two games that somewhat connect are Persona 1 and Persona 2 (which takes place 3 years after the events of the first Persona), the other three take place in their own unique universes.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Age of Calamity was a huge let down for me, and this is coming from someone who put an embarrassing amount of time in Hyrule Warriors. I hope it runs better than Age of Calamity.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just preordered this game on the eshop. unfortunately, you have to use paypal only when preordering from there. February is going to be a heavy month with this, 3d world, and bravely default 2.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got AOC instaed of HY:DE from ebay let me tell ya i kinda like it. but it feels meh to me.

can't wait for persona 5 Strikers to show up. going pre-order it on PSN next month.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other than some cross-over non-canon games the five Persona titles have completely separate stories. It doesn't matter which one you start with, the only two games that somewhat connect are Persona 1 and Persona 2 (which takes place 3 years after the events of the first Persona), the other three take place in their own unique universes.
Days late to reply to this, and to state this is very wrong. Persona 3/4/5 all occur in the same universe as Persona 1/2/2.2 . Persona 1/2/2.2 (and "if...") characters, while they don't show up often, do appear in 3/4/5 via references and TV interviews.

The group of the female leader of SEES in Persona 3 is part of a family related to the rich guy from Persona 1's player characters, for example. (I'm going off the top of my head so you'll need to forgive a lack of names and stuff, I should be making enough reference to clarify).

Persona 4 visits the school from Persona 3, which links it automatically to 1-3, and I believe has a different interview.

And Persona 5 also directly references the Detective Prince of Persona 4.

The proper way to put it is that they're "stand-alone" rather than separate stories. Each one occurs in such a way the events can be treated as isolated, or the aftereffects are handled in a way most people consider it a delusion or some sort of terrorist attack or prank. 3 is more or less isolated to a school, 4 occurs within a small side town and the cops can't even figure wtf happened, 5 is wrapped up due to political maneuvering and again because the idea of the metaverse is absurd to normal people.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun