New PC? or FN Five-Seven

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Takrin, Aug 18, 2007.

Aug 18, 2007

New PC? or FN Five-Seven by Takrin at 4:53 AM (1,645 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Takrin
    OP

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I cant decide what to buy, i kinda want a new pc, but i also want a pistol for fun at the shooting range, rifles are fun but i wanna spray pistol at the range like i see rednecks doing sometime. i also am a safe gun user, i know i really wouldnt shoot anyone unless if someone was shooting or aiming a gun at me. so dont think just because i want a gun i'm going to kill someone or plan on it thats like saying knives are only bought for stabbing someone. it's fun to shoot a gun at a target and even more fun to shoot household items at the range, like crappy computer, annoying pictures of celebs, osama's picture, printers, fruits and veggies, etc.

I really want a FN Five-Seven, a really pretty modern gun. Low recoil, 20 round mag, not too heavy and simple. I do like shooting rifles but i want a pistol. it would cost me around $960 for the gun, 850 + tax, registeration

[​IMG]
    FN Five Seven USG model is the one i want and no it's not a airsoft. oh i wouldnt mind a SIG P226 either, its a good looking gun too

and on the other side i want a new PC. my current pc is 3ghz, 3gb of dual channel 400mhz ram, 2dvdrom, 4 hard drives its about 2 years old but i did add in a new videocard GF 7600, so gaming isnt that bad has 6x 80mm fan and 1x 120mm fan so its loud but not too loud.

i kinda want a dual core cpu 2.3ghz+, faster ram, SLI videocard, and perhaps liquid cooling if i do get a new PC i would prob spend more then the gun, $1300+ or so. i want to get ready for new games and better graphics plus i want to play in high def mode on some games without performance issues.

i am planning on buying either the gun or building the pc this week but cant decide which i want more. guess its odd but both are for entertainment basicly, for me at least.

2. HelloKitty

Member HelloKitty GBAtemp Fan

United States
    get the computer [​IMG]

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Get the gun and then rob someone with a good pc [​IMG] So that means your getting 2 for the price of one.

4. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You could put a twist on what thegame said, and buy the computer, then hack someone's credit card number, then buy the gun with it. A lot easier to get away with, but a little harder to do.

5. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    Steal the gun then trade it at the black market for a credit card then take the credit card and buy a PC with it then trade the PC for a gun which you will then shoot a guy at Best Buy and get a PC.

6. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Performance can not be compared in GHz. An Intel Core 2 Duo at 2GHz will outperform a Pentium 4 at 5GHz
    Anyway, if you do go for the PC look at this very felpful website and it's it's forums.

- Sam

7. cheapassdave

Member cheapassdave GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i personally would get the computer, better yet build one to save money. Shooting at targets and 'stuff' gets real old after a while, man, trust me i know. I've been shooting a m16 at targets for 3 years and it gets old. [​IMG]

8. cenotaph

Member cenotaph GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So... either you want to shoot people in games or in real life? And people say increased realism in games blurs the line between reality and fantasy... [​IMG]

Also, this is all in jest. Don't feed this post to your inner moralist.

9. TeraS

Member TeraS GBAtemp Regular

buy the gun and shoot ur local bank manager and take his money for the pc

Get a PC, u will not get tired of it.

10. iTech

Member iTech GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hah, that's a realy nice gun. An FN huh? Did you know that shit is built in a country where people are arrested and placed into psychiatric institutions for carrying swiss army knives in public? Talk about hypocrisies.

After all I've being through, I suggest getting the motherfucking gun. In fact, if you can get the license and money, I suggest the P90; [​IMG] also by FN. The Semi-auto run at about 1,400-2,000 bucks.

One tip though: That Five-Seven looks mighty bare without the flashlight;
    [​IMG] in my oppinion. But it beats the Glock easily when it comes to the futuristic look and feel.

[EDIT: Ugly is such an ugly word]

11. azn_225

Member azn_225 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    go with the computer... just play cs on it! [​IMG]

12. Takrin
    OP

Member Takrin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i never do buy pc prebuilt i feel like ripping myself off. also dual core duo is 64bit. i do have all the peices picked out, kinda perfer a asus motherboard and i'm loyal to intel and gforce they never failed me and when i bought amd and ati i've had problems with their products before so sticking with what gave me least problems.

and i did consider the P90, but god the civilian PS90 look ass ugly, long ass barrel ruins the pretty short compact look and i dont want to pay tons extra and get put on waiting list for a true short barrel p90 also the five seven looks nice without anything attached, kinda feels cheaply made for some odd reason.

[​IMG]
    ugly if you ask me.

kinda leaning toward the PC atm now. guess i can settle with Nagant at the range, thing is so loud whenever i shoot it people come wondering wth i'm firing

*Edit*
    lol they lock those crazies up cos they know swiss army knives kill!, dangerous gangsters choice in stabby stabby weapon its even violently named "swiss army"

13. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Get the gun!

Guns are better and if you need money you have a money machine!
    And dont forget the ammo lol!

14. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

Get the PC, then play first person shooter on it and pretend you are shooting real gun (graphics very good with new PC). [​IMG]

15. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Haha nice idea but still you dont get a kickback lol..