New patch notes explain what will be in the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl day 1 update

pokemon-brilliant-diamond-shining-pearl-battle.jpg

As previously noted in yesterday's thread, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl are due to get a day 1 update, and a major one, at that. After remaining a mystery for a short while, the official Pokemon website has detailed what exactly version 1.1.0 will bring to the table. It'll be adding online and local multiplayer for the Super Contests, Union Room, and Grand Underground, post-game content including the new Ramanas Park, and the addition of cutscenes, which means there will now be a title screen and credits animation.

The 1.1.0 patch will be available tomorrow, on November 11th, prior to the release of the game, meaning those with early copies may still be able to experience the full game before the November 19th launch date.

That won't be the only content update, either. There will be yet another patch slated sometime after the launch of the game as well. The only things we currently know about that update is that it will allow for more than two players at once in the Union Room, access to the GWS, and a Pokemon Center Colosseum.

• Addition of Grand Underground, Super Contest Show, Union Room and Mystery Gift communication features
    You will be able to enjoy local and online communication features of the Grand Underground, Super Contest Show and Union Room. Additionally, you will also become able to receive gifts using the Mystery Gift feature.
  • Addition of content after entering the Hall of Fame
    Some content that becomes playable after entering the Hall of Fame, including Ramanas Park, will be added in the update.
    • Note: even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before downloading the update, downloading it will allow you to play the additional content.
  • Addition of some in-game cutscenes and animations
    Some in-game cutscenes and animations will be added in the update, including the game’s ending cutscene and the title screen animation that is played when opening the software.
    • Note: you can view the title screen animation by starting up the software with existing save data and with the update installed. Even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before the update is installed, you can view the ending cutscene by entering the Hall of Fame again afterwards.
  • Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the gameplay experience.
  • Regarding a planned update after release
    On the release date for the software, up to two players will be able to interact in local and online play in the Union Room, and you will be able to select the “Battle”, “Trade” and “Mix Records” functions. In an update that will be made available after the software releases, the maximum number of players will be increased, and the “Greeting” and “Capsule Decoration” functions will become available.
    Additionally, trading using the GWS in Jubilife City and the use of the Colosseum feature inside Pokémon Centers will also be added in a post-release update.

:arrow: Source

Gozaburo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
I miss the good old days when games came out complete on release without crappy day 1 patches and they were still better. Nowadays you only get half of the game and the rest has to be downloaded.

Welcome to a backward future ;-)

Aheago

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what we will be able to do in the grand underground with others exactly ?

I was hoping for raids or something with friends

NumberXIIIEdwin

Jack In! MegaMan, Execute!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what we will be able to do in the grand underground with others exactly ?

I was hoping for raids or something with friends
They haven’t said anything about raids or the like but if it’s anything like the originals you could hunt for treasure together and visit each other’s Secret Bases so I’m guessing that’s what’s being added.

KingBlank

King of Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The music does not bother me, it is fine.

I think I'm comparing it to the age of empires 1 definitive edition music which removed almost all the melody from the original music. besides, midi music is not 'bad'

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
like i said those are things that didnt went into core pokemon games going foward

the seasons thing was dropped

dificulty option dropped

unova link is just some comunication between the same game and its own sequel so it isnt even a thing that could be brought foward

hidden abilities sure i will give you that but again it was just adding an extra ability to pokemons so its not like an innovation when abilities were already a thing imo.

there was low hp music in battles since even gen 1 its just a new music here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLsHg65zGIk

We had animated pokemon battles on pokemon stadium/stadium2/colosseum and XD way before genV so it didnt stricked me as anything new even back then.

achievements arent much to celebrate since most games dont have them and they are preety pointless i still remenber catching every pokemon to get like a card or a star or whatever on the trainer card... preety dman pointless.

of everything you said imo the only thing that was added and was used in games following that was hidden abilities.

for me its
gen1 core everything nuff said
gen2 lots of new mechanics and stuff that would cemment the core formula to come
gen3 abilities and format of the most used story (legendary cover pokemon being the main plot started here).
gen4 well the physical/special split and online was its bigger s contribution not much else.
genV was sort of an reboot with hidden abilities and some stuff that was never implemented in most games.
genVI mega evolution
gen VII tryed to take away from gym formula and do some changes and the zmoves that were never used on following gen so yeah this was kinda like genV where most of it died here
gen VIII gigantamax and tryed to make its first 3rd person open-world with camera control stuff with pokemons ineractable directly instead of random grass encounter, preety sure only the pokemon encounter mechanic will follow through, gigantamax and dens and online dens stuff will probably not be sued on the next main game (Arceus)
Again, you're confusing innovation with quality. Calling the jarring low HP soundeffect from prior gens "music" kinda makes it hard to take you seriously at this point.

jamesjordan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were never mine. For someone who hasn't played one in years, the starting point is overwhelming. There are too many Pokémon games.

theeternal92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much for that day 1 music patch people were desperately hoping for on Twitter. Here's hoping some madlad mods in better music down the line. It's fine as is, but could be better.

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I miss the good old days when games came out complete on release without crappy day 1 patches and they were still better. Nowadays you only get half of the game and the rest has to be downloaded.

I mean i hear you and you are not exactly wrong with that the devs are pretty lazy nowadays, but you do have to acknowledge that the Playerbase is way to entitled these days and it seems its impossible to make a game where there is not a whole bunch of idiots screaming bloody murder because of something they think is completely messed up in the game. Also in the past there was no such thing like Day one patches because patches or updates itself were a rarity. A game came out and if it had bugs, it had bugs and mostly no one cared. We just enjoyed a game instead of complaining about everything. Also the games were way simpler compared to nowadays so its only understandable that there are more bugs that do not get spotted.

Still a shame in what condition some games are "released".

Reactions: theeternal92

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

Thats what happens when cronyism and nepotism undermine meritocracy at every turn long enough to finally destroy a once great industry.

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Thats what happens when cronyism and nepotism finally destroy a once great industry.
I mean i hear you and you are not exactly wrong with that the devs are pretty lazy nowadays, but you do have to acknowledge that the Playerbase is way to entitled these days and it seems its impossible to make a game where there is not a whole bunch of idiots screaming bloody murder because of something they think is completely messed up in the game. Also in the past there was no such thing like Day one patches because patches or updates itself were a rarity. A game came out and if it had bugs, it had bugs and mostly no one cared. We just enjoyed a game instead of complaining about everything. Also the games were way simpler compared to nowadays so its only understandable that there are more bugs that do not get spotted.

Still a shame in what condition some games are "released".

The amount of these lazy bastards acting like you just described a dark art whenever you mention the concept of “OptimizatIon” and other basic game design features, is alarming.

Its mostly nothing but filler garbage by design everywhere these days because who gives a shit when we can get social media clout and conspire to fire becky all day instead of doing their fucking jobs lol.

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
um, i wonder is BDSP games any good?
if they're 1:1 remakes of the DS DP's then they should be as good as those more or less?
the game's ost is already out not sure if it is as good as the orginal was.

in the end these might not be as good as the orginals on the ds were in 09, but pokemon legends looks like it'll be 100x better than BDSP are for switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/a93F-EEw6HM?si=tUXuLXhXiWUsmIIv