New patch notes explain what will be in the Pokemon Brilliant Diamond / Shining Pearl day 1 update

pokemon-brilliant-diamond-shining-pearl-battle.jpg

As previously noted in yesterday's thread, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl are due to get a day 1 update, and a major one, at that. After remaining a mystery for a short while, the official Pokemon website has detailed what exactly version 1.1.0 will bring to the table. It'll be adding online and local multiplayer for the Super Contests, Union Room, and Grand Underground, post-game content including the new Ramanas Park, and the addition of cutscenes, which means there will now be a title screen and credits animation.

The 1.1.0 patch will be available tomorrow, on November 11th, prior to the release of the game, meaning those with early copies may still be able to experience the full game before the November 19th launch date.

That won't be the only content update, either. There will be yet another patch slated sometime after the launch of the game as well. The only things we currently know about that update is that it will allow for more than two players at once in the Union Room, access to the GWS, and a Pokemon Center Colosseum.

• Addition of Grand Underground, Super Contest Show, Union Room and Mystery Gift communication features
    You will be able to enjoy local and online communication features of the Grand Underground, Super Contest Show and Union Room. Additionally, you will also become able to receive gifts using the Mystery Gift feature.
  • Addition of content after entering the Hall of Fame
    Some content that becomes playable after entering the Hall of Fame, including Ramanas Park, will be added in the update.
    • Note: even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before downloading the update, downloading it will allow you to play the additional content.
  • Addition of some in-game cutscenes and animations
    Some in-game cutscenes and animations will be added in the update, including the game’s ending cutscene and the title screen animation that is played when opening the software.
    • Note: you can view the title screen animation by starting up the software with existing save data and with the update installed. Even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before the update is installed, you can view the ending cutscene by entering the Hall of Fame again afterwards.
  • Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the gameplay experience.
  • Regarding a planned update after release
    On the release date for the software, up to two players will be able to interact in local and online play in the Union Room, and you will be able to select the “Battle”, “Trade” and “Mix Records” functions. In an update that will be made available after the software releases, the maximum number of players will be increased, and the “Greeting” and “Capsule Decoration” functions will become available.
    Additionally, trading using the GWS in Jubilife City and the use of the Colosseum feature inside Pokémon Centers will also be added in a post-release update.

:arrow: Source

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting there's no mention of music after everything that's been said about v1.0.0. I guess it could fall under the general improvements mentioned but it seems significant enough for its own point.

Reactions: guisadop

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Interesting there's no mention of music after everything that's been said about v1.0.0. I guess it could fall under the general improvements mentioned but it seems significant enough for its own point.
Wait... does this mean that the music will stay like this?

if we dont get a fix. ill record "Gotta catch 'em all" and somebody can mod it into these games.

gbatemp does what nintendont

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only pokemon game that had post game content was Gold/Silver/Crystal and their respective remakes all the other game once you beat the league your basically done.

I wish future pokemon games should follow suit of including an additonal region and gym leaders to explore

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only pokemon game that had post game content was Gold/Silver/Crystal and their respective remakes all the other game once you beat the league your basically done.

I wish future pokemon games should follow suit of including an additonal region and gym leaders to explore
Have you played FRLG? The sevii islands are pretty fun

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you played FRLG? The sevii islands are pretty fun

Yes but an extremely long time ago maybe 2004 (was 13 back then) I think I made it to a few islands ... GBA have alot of good memories with me.

I think you needed a special event for Deoxys i don't remember...

Pokemon games in general I beat all the Game Boy/GBA/DS (Except for BW2 and SS (half way through SS)) /Switch/ the only ones I didn't play was the 3DS ones which I'm playing Y at the moment.

Soul Silver is probably my most favorite game of all of them and Let's Go Evvee is maybe second place

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HGSS?

Every Pokemon game I have played had better music

This music actually is grating
Never owned them. The starting point is overwhelming for someone who hasn't played one in years. Too many Pokémon games.

You missed out then, which games did you play?

Patches on release day always make me assume that the game was made on a tight schedule, which wouldn't be something new for a Pokemon game.
Don't know about that. They all feel so low-effort.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs