As previously noted in yesterday's thread, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shinning Pearl are due to get a day 1 update, and a major one, at that. After remaining a mystery for a short while, the official Pokemon website has detailed what exactly version 1.1.0 will bring to the table. It'll be adding online and local multiplayer for the Super Contests, Union Room, and Grand Underground, post-game content including the new Ramanas Park, and the addition of cutscenes, which means there will now be a title screen and credits animation.
The 1.1.0 patch will be available tomorrow, on November 11th, prior to the release of the game, meaning those with early copies may still be able to experience the full game before the November 19th launch date.
That won't be the only content update, either. There will be yet another patch slated sometime after the launch of the game as well. The only things we currently know about that update is that it will allow for more than two players at once in the Union Room, access to the GWS, and a Pokemon Center Colosseum.
- Addition of Grand Underground, Super Contest Show, Union Room and Mystery Gift communication features
You will be able to enjoy local and online communication features of the Grand Underground, Super Contest Show and Union Room. Additionally, you will also become able to receive gifts using the Mystery Gift feature.
- Addition of content after entering the Hall of Fame
Some content that becomes playable after entering the Hall of Fame, including Ramanas Park, will be added in the update.
- Note: even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before downloading the update, downloading it will allow you to play the additional content.
- Addition of some in-game cutscenes and animations
Some in-game cutscenes and animations will be added in the update, including the game’s ending cutscene and the title screen animation that is played when opening the software.
- Note: you can view the title screen animation by starting up the software with existing save data and with the update installed. Even if you have already entered the Hall of Fame before the update is installed, you can view the ending cutscene by entering the Hall of Fame again afterwards.
- Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the gameplay experience.
- Regarding a planned update after release
On the release date for the software, up to two players will be able to interact in local and online play in the Union Room, and you will be able to select the “Battle”, “Trade” and “Mix Records” functions. In an update that will be made available after the software releases, the maximum number of players will be increased, and the “Greeting” and “Capsule Decoration” functions will become available.
Additionally, trading using the GWS in Jubilife City and the use of the Colosseum feature inside Pokémon Centers will also be added in a post-release update.