Gaming New or fake? "Leaked" redesgin of the NDS.

-VORTEX-

Trophies
XP
Country
definately fake, would be awsome though but the top screens to thin
rolleyes.gif

Joujoudoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would Nintendo put more money into making another model of the Nintendo DS when they could put money into a completely different hand held system? By the time this "compact" version of the DS was to come out, the Nintendo DS would be outdated. I certainly hope that Nintendo is working on something for next gen.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Joujoudoll said:
Why would Nintendo put more money into making another model of the Nintendo DS when they could put money into a completely different hand held system? By the time this "compact" version of the DS was to come out, the Nintendo DS would be outdated. I certainly hope that Nintendo is working on something for next gen.

I don't believe Nintendo is, why would it at this rate? It can barely keep up with the current demand for the Nintendo DS at it is. Why release a new console when the current one is still at its peak? Wouldn't make to much sense to release and advertise another console, getting license deals with game developers and go through all that trouble for a new system when the DS is still flying off the shelves.

Joujoudoll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Narin said:
Joujoudoll said:

I don't believe Nintendo is, why would it at this rate? It can barely keep up with the current demand for the Nintendo DS at it is. Why release a new console when the current one is still at its peak? Wouldn't make to much sense to release and advertise another console, getting license deals with game developers and go through all that trouble for a new system when the DS is still flying off the shelves.

What I am saying is, if Nintendo was to come out with that compact DS then the DS lite would start slowing down by the time the compact DS made it's appearance... When in 5 years or whatever they could come out with a new hand held console. I wasn't saying I think Nintendo should come out with a new hand held console right now. That would be foolish.

D

Deleted User

I'd rather have my buttons protected from the shell, than have them exposed like that anyway.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention that this video is nothing new, its over a ear old. I remember seeing it ages ago. Also its not a "fake" but more of a concept design. I'm not 100% sure if Nintendo made it or a fan, but all it was, was a concept design of a possible Nintendo DS Micro, based in part on the Gameboy Advance Micro. Though since the video itself is pretty old, either it was fan made or it never stuck with Nintendo.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Nintendo had few design concepts that "leaked" (or were officially released, I don't know)..There were few pictures, and this concept was among them..They were discussed many times, and it is known that all of it was fake (meaning, it'll never be made, it was more of an idea for redesign)..
So this video isn't "real" too..

And about concept..it is a great idea to make it that small, but think about opening this 5 times a day and 360 times a year..You think it wouldn't become loose?! There are too many moving parts..however, concept is great (but not dooable)..

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
Nintendo had few design concepts that "leaked" (or were officially released, I don't know)..There were few pictures, and this concept was among them..They were discussed many times, and it is known that all of it was fake (meaning, it'll never be made, it was more of an idea for redesign)..
So this video isn't "real" too..

And about concept..it is a great idea to make it that small, but think about opening this 5 times a day and 360 times a year..You think it wouldn't become loose?! There are too many moving parts..however, concept is great (but not dooable)..
Agreed, people are complaining now about cracked and broken hinges, just about all the things that can go wrong with this. The sliding motion when it opens, the very thin flip top LCD screen with the thin hinge and everything else. What if someone opens it a bit to fast or a little to hard? Just so many things could go wrong with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8