New Okamiden DS trailer

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet ANOTHER new video of Okamiden, showing off the gorgeous DS cel shaded graphics-

This is coming out next year some time, expected to be shown in either video or playable form at Tokyo Game Show later this month. Get ready! What an epic looking game!
yaynds.gif

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I think I almost died.

Breathtaking! Definitely the best graphics you'll see on the DS, I think it looks as good as Ninokuni's animation style graphics! Omg.

Edit: And chibi... so... cute... o... fuck... bon..er
wub.gif
Really cute truthfully, looks like a white puppy.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking great.
Seems it was smart to go with a small chibi look on this one.
Though the paper effect is missing completely it seems.
Might not be too ideal on the DS system, but hey, they could include a translucent screen cover to give the effect. xD

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadow1w2 said:
Looking great.
Might not be too ideal on the DS system, but hey, they could include a translucent screen cover to give the effect. xD
What are you talking about? Paper effect? You mean cel shaded 3D? That's not missing at all. And the characters are children, not chibi. They are supposed to have big heads.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
shadow1w2 said:
Looking great.
What are you talking about? Paper effect? You mean cel shaded 3D? That's not missing at all. And the characters are children, not chibi. They are supposed to have big heads.
I believe he's talking about the artistic feel that you got from the first game. If not then I don't know. Either way, good trailer. Hopefully it turns out good.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering its only meant to be only a quarter of the way finished it sure does look impressive. Probably the best Capcom title I've seen on the DS.

To be honest I don't think they've done much for the DS aside from Phoenix Wright (three of which were GBA ports). Everything else they've done has been lacking so far, I did like the fake Megaman side scrolling games but nothing remarkable like they've done for other consoles.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing about Capcom on DS everyone seems to forget is Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble. It came out a few years ago, and was by Clover (same people who made the other Joe games and Okami on PS2). It had cel shaded graphics too. Everyone seems to have forgotten it, but even then, you can probably thank some of Okamiden's graphics technology on it. Too bad it was forgotten and had some annoying touch screen mechanics. Otherwise, it was a great and impressive game.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Rock Raiyu said:
granville said:
shadow1w2 said:
Looking great.

I believe he's talking about the artistic feel that you got from the first game. If not then I don't know. Either way, good trailer. Hopefully it turns out good.

I bet he means the light effect... You see... In Okami Amaterasu "Glows" and here Chibiterasu does not...

chibiterasu.png

8.jpg

Trought i don't think is a big deal..
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE(granville @ Sep 8 2009, 04:03 PM)
One thing about Capcom on DS everyone seems to forget is Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble. It came out a few years ago, and was by Clover (same people who made the other Joe games and Okami on PS2). It had cel shaded graphics too. Everyone seems to have forgotten it, but even then, you can probably thank some of Okamiden's graphics technology on it. Too bad it was forgotten and had some annoying touch screen mechanics. Otherwise, it was a great and impressive game.

Viewtiful Joe Double Trouble was pretty good, But still Okamiden seems to have better graphics than VJ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)