Hacking New Official Firmware Out!!!!!!!

FirstDuke

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Finally is out. Shuld i b happy?
wink2.gif
Btw who plan to switch back to official??

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll stick with AKAIO but I'll put the loader in the __aio/ak2loader/ directory, just in case. Can't hurt to have the best of both worlds.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hmm - difficult choice

I would stick with AKAIO as for it's better support for new games - but reading the 'FAQ' from the latest AK2 - it apparently allows MP3 playback
QUOTE said:
*Q How to play MP3
*A Please make sure you're using the lastest firmware. Press Start button and select "System Options". Set "Show file(s) of type" to "All". Then press A button on Mp3 file to play it. Quit playing by pressing Start button.
- which is something I miss in AKAIO since plugins don't exist anymore

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
azure0wind said:
hm.. can we put the "akmenu4.nds" of official firmware in the ak2loader folder (on akAIO)?
What about the other way round... Using AK2 official firmware (ak4menu.nds & _AK folder) - for the Mp3/Movies etc, but using AKAIO Loader for games instead ???

Probably. but you'd be using their shell and gui.
Don't even know if that'll work, not a supported feature.

We're not going anywhere I don't think.

Good on AK team to release stuff though. Theyt do love AKAIO but it still shows something when they go "oh, here's our firmware" just so new owners who will follow their instructions don't end up with a completely outdated system.

They get a new card, get official firmware, play some games, then migrate to AKAIO.

Ta-da.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
AKAIO is ways better of course, but you'd be surprised how many people still prefer the official FW. Just go to youtube and see some recent videos. Practically everyone is using Ak2menu. And then they all run Super Mario Kart infront of the camera and it's like wow holy crap, acekard rocks! I'm off to playing Bowser now, cyaaazz!

And then later on the come back ranting it doesn't work.
laugh.gif

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Lol. I was one of the people who didn't know to switch to Akaio at all. Until now, I did...and let me say, it's a lot more pleasant than dealing with random roms not working.

And I do miss built in .mp3 playback. I need to put my moonshell back on.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
astrangeone said:
Lol. I was one of the people who didn't know to switch to Akaio at all. Until now, I did...and let me say, it's a lot more pleasant than dealing with random roms not working.
And I do miss built in .mp3 playback. I need to put my moonshell back on.
Guess what - I have (on my AK2i)
In fact I've set it up so AKAIO 'hides' folders such as 'MP3','Videos' & Moonshell to 'hide' folder 'Games'.
So now AKAIO only shows 'Games' & 'TXT' folder & Moonshell 2 shows 'TXT','Movies' and 'MP3'
If I want to play Games I boot up as normal & play - If I want Music/Movies I have to start Moonshell2 up

Just wish I could use AKAIO to show MP3/DPG files & boot up Moonshell (and run) if I select any of them
OR
Get it to boot into Moonshell 2 WITHOUT having to go into AKAIO first to autorun (as well as getting a nds loader that works on an AK2i)
OR
Even easier - BRING BACK PLUGINS !!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr