Hacking New official firmware coming for defective 2.1s

• Thread starter Deleted-247497
  • Start date
  • Views 12,912
  • Replies 82
D

Deleted-247497

OP
Ok, After reading on multiple places that the most recent batch 2.1s was defective, I contacted realhotstuff, and they told me that acekard is releasing a new firmware this week that will work perfectly on this strange batch of acekards. They also told me the only firmware currently working perfectly on them is the official 4.0.7 firmware.

They offered to let me return mine, but I don't have the original packaging so I guess im stuck waiting for the new firmware.

I hope this wasn't already posted, but I didn't see it anywhere, so I thought I would let you guys know.

heres the pic:
captureen.png

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
snico1995 said:
Ok, After reading on multiple places that the most recent batch 2.1s was defective, I contacted realhotstuff, and they told me that acekard is releasing a new firmware this week that will work perfectly on this strange batch of acekards. They also told me the only firmware currently working perfectly on them is the official 4.0.7 firmware.

They offered to let me return mine, but I don't have the original packaging so I guess im stuck waiting for the new firmware.

I hope this wasn't already posted, but I didn't see it anywhere, so I thought I would let you guys know.

This does nothing if you have bought your acekard to be able to use the latest version of AKAIO.

Hasney

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jackthelad said:
snico1995 said:

This does nothing if you have bought your acekard to be able to use the latest version of AKAIO.

Kinda.

If the AceKard team have gotten around whatever issue is on these cards, they may be able to share the solution with the AKIAO guys to implement the same thing.

Still very skeptical, however.

D

Deleted-247497

OP
wabsta said:
I've sent them an email for confirmation, havent got an answer yet tho..
I really hope they will be able to let AKAIO work on it too..
frown.gif

yeah me too
frown.gif
I wanted to just return it and get a 2i but i need the packaging and my mom threw it away :S

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i've heard nothing about this from team acekard, nor has norm commented that they have any working fix. more probably realhotstuff doesn't want to be out the $10 they paid for the card by sending you a new one. they know that the 3rd party wholesale outlet they bought from will probably not ship them out a replacement. i've talked to many sellers who have been stuck with thousands of cards over the past 2 years due in part to acekard changing their views on selling to overseas distributors.

with that said, it doesn't mean that rhs is telling lies. but if this week comes and goes without an update then i hope people remember that when purchasing from rhs.

-another world

kpxny2sk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, 0shippingzone, who I bought my defective card from, told me the same thing on Sunday.

So it's probably a legit info, unless these two retailers decided to tell the same lie.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I still have my hopes up. Since I can't fking afford to buy a new one atm ¬¬

I've sent acekard a few emails in the last few days, about this and about my acekard not working. But they just refuse to response.

Zyzzyvas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I also got this same news from 0shippingzone who I purchased my 2.1 from a few weeks ago. Here is the email I received:

QUOTE said:
We are really sorry for that problem of Acekard 2.1

The reason of bad batch.

And we have contacted the factory,they said they will release a new firmware to slove this problem of AK2i at next Mon or Tue.

Please wait couple days.

If the cards still have this problem,we could exchange it for a acekard 2i for you.

Best Regards

0shippingzone

I'm not too pleased, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now and wait awhile longer.

D

Deleted User

OP
Zyzzyvas said:
I also got this same news from 0shippingzone who I purchased my 2.1 from a few weeks ago. Here is the email I received:

QUOTE said:

The reason of bad batch.

And we have contacted the factory,they said they will release a new firmware to slove this problem of AK2i at next Mon or Tue.

Please wait couple days.

If the cards still have this problem,we could exchange it for a acekard 2i for you.

Best Regards

0shippingzone

I'm not too pleased, but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now and wait awhile longer.

That says the new firmware is going to be for the AK2i and not the AK2.1. :-/

D

Deleted-247497

OP
The_Office_owns said:
What's the topic creator's source? This sounds like BS to me, but it would be awesome.

...my scource is what realhotstuff told me when I asked for a replacement, here ill post the support ticket to prove it gimme a sec

here:
captureen.png

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alcaholjunkie said:
Zyzzyvas said:
QUOTE said:

The reason of bad batch.

Please wait couple days.

Best Regards

0shippingzone
That says the new firmware is going to be for the AK2i and not the AK2.1. :-/
not to mention they said they plan to slove the problem, which clearly implies they intend to apply some sort of topical ointment to it, which is bound to be problematic with the ds' electronics.

Zyzzyvas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I considered fixing the obvious "english is my second, possibly third language" spelling and grammar errors but thought it would be more funny if I left it unedited.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Zyzzyvas said:

QUOTE said:

The reason of bad batch.

Please wait couple days.

Best Regards

0shippingzone

Haven't brought from them personally, but if they are willing to make that offer it increases my confidence that they are one of the better retailers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +1