New Octopath Traveler developer diary shows improvements

Octopath Traveler's developers have released a new video listing improvements that have been made to the game:[prebreak]1[/prebreak]

This comes after receiving feedback from fans who played the Octopath Traveler demo on Nintendo Switch, released last year.

A better save system and faster walking speed are just some of the improvements mentioned in the video.

The Octopath Traveler demo is still up on the Switch eshop and has a good amount of content to try out.

:arrow:Octopath Traveler Official Site

socialbacon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... People complained the battle system was too difficult?

I believe my main feedback was that I found battles too easy. The scales seemed to always be tipped in my favour and I felt like there was no real challenge. Perhaps it was simply because it was more of a tutorial. If not, I sure hope that a Hard Mode is implemented well because the demo felt a little casual.

EDIT:

That's not to say that I'm not excited for the game. It looks great and I'm glad they brightened up the dungeons. I want to see the beautiful world they've created!

Last edited by socialbacon,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does that mean there will be another demo to try before the game releases? I hope so. :)

As much as I was worried about this game and not liking it, I kinda enjoy that they made this video showing how they actually requested player feedback from the demo and actively try to make changes to resolve player concerns. I always find that a big A+ for people who are actually trying to deliver us a good game that we wanna buy, I think I'll give it a chance when this game comes out. I actually participated in the survey when nintendo sent me the email, my most concern was having as many voiced lines as possible and even a auto advance text option to watch it like a movie. That and maybe some cutscenes that shows how each of the characters would look if they wasn't just pixel sprites. But I am glad this development team is trying their best to make changes based on the feedback. ^_^

Hoping more developers will do things like that when making games.:yayswitch:

Reactions: sarkwalvein
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
DAY ONE. The demo was absolutely brilliant.

PS. And there I was thinking I'm the only one that wants more RPGs in the Switch lineup... I love you guys.
Dude, I DEVOURED Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in a week. It was the first new big RPG for the Switch, and now I need MOAR. So many people are eager for some meaty RPGs to dig into. If I find Skyrim for $20 or under, I'd totally buy that for the 4th time just to tide me over. Ecstatic that Octopath's comin' out later this year!

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Does that mean there will be another demo to try before the game releases? I hope so. :)

As much as I was worried about this game and not liking it, I kinda enjoy that they made this video showing how they actually requested player feedback from the demo and actively try to make changes to resolve player concerns. I always find that a big A+ for people who are actually trying to deliver us a good game that we wanna buy, I think I'll give it a chance when this game comes out. I actually participated in the survey when nintendo sent me the email, my most concern was having as many voiced lines as possible and even a auto advance text option to watch it like a movie. That and maybe some cutscenes that shows how each of the characters would look if they wasn't just pixel sprites. But I am glad this development team is trying their best to make changes based on the feedback. ^_^

Hoping more developers will do things like that when making games.:yayswitch:

Why do you feel the need to post something under every single thread? Is there a way to block someone?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I find it very interesting that they are showing the improvement.
some would have probably been added to the game, even without user's feedback, but it's great to see the game's development process.

They already added a lot of interesting changes, I hope there will be a new demo to see the difference by ourselves.

Last edited by Cyan,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was blown away when I saw this originally. Obviously I was hoping this would come PS4 side, but I will gladly get this on the Switch. The issue is that that I need to get a Switch first... I really love the "HD 2D" look and how much the devs are paying attention to the feedback they have gotten.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The Demo was good, they were really taking the good parts of Romancing SaGa (3) and building upon them, it felt like a very nice spiritual succesor. I also long for yet another demo before the game release, I want to try it some more.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Oh my, developers that listens to suggestions and feedback? Making the game better for their incoming customers? Who would have thought that is a good idea? (Look at you EA)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong