Hacking new o3ds xl firmware

ianuk2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're planning to use Emulators and homebrews, and like improved (loading times) stability™ take the N3DS. If you don't care, you can take the O3DS XL.

I think the only emulators I would be bothered about is GBA not snes. The o3ds can still do these relatively easy cant they?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O3DS XL - £99 + nes remix + charger
n3DS XL - £140

Apart from being able to play a couple games there's no difference?
did not realize you were from another country $56 is quite a big price difference, but snes games xenoblade and the extra thumbstick add quite a bit of value. and you don't know how many more differences will come in the future.

ianuk2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did not realize you were from another country $56 is quite a big price difference, but snes games xenoblade and the extra thumbstick add quite a bit of value. and you don't know how many more differences will come in the future.

Yeah when you factor in the game resells for £15 it's an extra £55 so I was just going to get the old, now i'm doubting myself :S

ianuk2005

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As emulator, no, GBA games are really laggy on O3DS. However, you can use GBA injection, and they'll run perfectly fine, since that makes them run on native hardware.

Thanks, my primary goal is just playing 3DS/DS games, emulators would be a nice extra. The extra buttons are nice but without significant a screen or battery upgrade i'm not sure it's worth the extra money for me atm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The ST version honestly looks like they at least tried lol