new noob here

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by philips789, Feb 15, 2011.

Feb 15, 2011

new noob here by philips789 at 6:55 PM (503 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. philips789
    OP

Newcomer philips789 Member

United States
    hey
    I got a red wii mario edition and i put homebrew on it. Im new to the whole homebrew thing so i got a copule questions.
    I have an sd card right now with homebrew on it and getting a external harddrive. I used the smash stack to put homebrew on my wii, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. and sorry i didnt find a sticky about this

1)What folder do i put the game i donwload into?
    2)Homebrew broswer doesnt work/go online how do i get to work?
    3) when adding a harddrive do i put the hombrew apps on the hardrive?

thanks for any help?

2. IceIceBird

Member IceIceBird GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    answers

1. Depends on what format u using. Read the tutorial thread.
    2. If you have set up the network settings in the system menu optins this would do it by it self because it uses the same settings. (NOTICE. do not choise to update after setting these settins, the wii will alsays ask you after doing this!)
    3. It's up to U myself i prefer running it throuch the SD couse it's faster.

3. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    It's the right forum and section, alright. It's just that this information is too specific for stickies to handle (kudos for checking them, though [​IMG] ). So a thread with question is...well, just the right thing to do.

1. This depends on what partitioning you'll be using (WBFS, FAT32 or NTFS). In either case, I suggest using a game manager (wii backup manager is excellent) to do the actual copying, as the name has to be correct in order for loaders to find it (and for FAT32, large iso's simply won't fit if you just copy-paste them). For FAT32 and NTFS, you have to store them in a USB:\WBFS\ [ID of the game]\ subfolder (or let WBM do it for you...in that case, it's just pointing out the source iso or iso's and the target drive).
    2. sorry...I don't know about homebrew browser. Aside from the "your network settings have to be correct", I can't say anything useful.
    3. if you format your drive as FAT32, then you can do that (and in fact, this is the exact reason why I suggest using the drive as FAT32). You probably found out that homebrew comes with 1 or 3 files: a boot.dol (or boot.elf), an icon.png and a meta.xml. Or just with 1 random .dol file. Place this so it looks like "USB:\apps\nameofapp\boot.dol". Note that the other 2 files aren't really needed and that if your homebrew has a differently named dol, you must rename it to "boot.dol" first.
    That's really it. After putting it there, connecting your drive to your wii and starting the homebrew channel, you should see the homebrew application there, ready to start (you may need to press '1' to choose your USB drive...and in the worst case scenario, update the homebrew channel to 1.0.8).

4. philips789
    OP

Newcomer philips789 Member

United States
    cool thanks help out alot