inde

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.gcmods.org
XP
Country
anyone get the new email regarding nintendo's new privacy policy?

Dear Nintendo fan,

At Nintendo we respect the privacy rights of our online visitors and we recognise the importance of protecting your personal details. To allow us to implement additional features on our website, to improve our products and to adapt them to our users’ needs and preferences, we need your permission to gather information about your online activities on our web site and with Nintendo’s products..

Please review our new Privacy Policy by clicking on this link http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/home/index.do and logging in to your account. Once you have read the information on that page, please use the appropriate buttons to either ACCEPT or DECLINE this new Privacy Policy.

Please note that if we haven’t received your answer by July 15, 2007, or if you choose to DECLINE our new Privacy Policy, you will from that day onwards no longer be able to use your Stars in the Stars Catalogue, as we will be forced to deactivate your Nintendo membership. No matter what you decide, you can still use your Stars and enjoy all the other benefits of the Nintendo membership account until July 15, 2007.

Also note that when you continue your Nintendo membership, from now on your Stars will automatically expire 24 months after they were added to your profile. Stars you have earned before the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions expire 12 months after the introduction of the new Terms and Conditions, which will not occur until June 1, 2008.

However, you will soon be able to swap your Stars for Wii Points in the Stars Catalogue if you linked your Wii Shop Channel account to your online Nintendo membership.

We look forward to seeing you again on our website soon, and hope you will enjoy the new generation in videogaming together with us!

Your Nintendo team

anyway, following the link heres a section of the wii bit

If you own a Wii console or if you buy such console in the future, and you link your Club Nintendo account to your Wii Shop Channel account Nintendo will collect information about the way you use your Wii and the Wii Network Services including, but not limited to, information about the games you download and/or play and how long you play them. This information may be stored in Nintendo's database to customize the website for you, to provide individualized information about Nintendo products to you and for other Marketing Purposes.

looks a bit scary to me lol, wonder if they will be able to tell you played backups or gamecube homebrew

crafton48

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Doubt i'm ever gonna chip my Wii so not to much of a problem, i'm glad they finally got round to sorting out the stars to VC points system.
Let's hope for a 1:1 conversion ratio

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"looks a bit scary to me lol, wonder if they will be able to tell you played backups or gamecube homebrew"

Impossible. So far the mods are been DVD based, not motherboard. There is no way to tell.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All German customers got the new policy by email and have to either accept it or get their account terminated today.

Since the policy basically says:
'We respect and protect your privacy but we want to see everything you do' it wasn't much of a choice for me.

So, basically while I loyally registered products previously, now they won't know anything more about me.

Suckers.

Regarding the 2 posts before me: it's not about piracy or doing non-authorised stuff. It's about... well, your privacy.

Oh and the Wii points part... that's where they try to convince you to stay in the end, if you're not sure. But rest assured, the rate will be horrendous. I ordered some crap for my points, and turned the back on them.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
"looks a bit scary to me lol, wonder if they will be able to tell you played backups or gamecube homebrew"

Impossible. So far the mods are been DVD based, not motherboard. There is no way to tell.

Microsoft did it.

I am wondering... did you even read that post? "So far the mods are been DVD based, not motherboard. There is no way to tell." Read again. Additionally you're comparing apples and oranges.

Returning to the original topic, Nintendo's move here is nothing short of a privacy catastrophe. I am sad to see (generally) most people don't care enough to punish this.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nintendo are little scammers trying to spy on people for market research
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users