Hacking New Nintendo DS Lite "mini" M3 Real compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireVisor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there!

I stepped by a local electronics shop and saw a sign saying. "A new DS lite, which is lighter and better". At first I though it was wrongly refering to DSi or something. Then I tried one, and to my delight I noticed they've fixed the directional pad. I truly HATED the original DS lite one. It was simply impossible to play action games with it's controls, so I sticked with my Phat.

Now I have a phat, and a M3 DS Real with a GBA expansion. I want to get the new DS lite "mini", but I'm wondering about it's compatibility with M3 Real and the GBA expansion.
Can anyone confirm that it works just the same way as an ordinary DS lite? I am thinking about M3 Real in General, and if the GBA expansion fits snuggly like on a normal DS Lite.

I'm curious because I would really want one. I've been really turned off by the DSi in general, but it's control pad is SUPERIOR to the DS lite. And now they release a new DS lite with a fixed controls, and that's just great! Since the DS phat is just a tag too bulky to have in your pants all the time.

Anyone got experiences to share?

I am now doubting if the shop just were stupid. But anyway, please share your experience with the directional pads "clicking" into the different directions. That's what I am after, and the DS lite I used to own, didn't have that... it was like a marshmallow.

Thank You!
/FireVisor

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It wouldnt be strange for nintendo to do this.

They did the same thing with the GBA SP, when the micro and NDS went out.

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
tiny-paper-nintendo-ds-lite.jpg

hyjacked

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsholder.jpg
Essentially a Mini Me for your DS Lite, this Mini-DS holder holds your precious DS games so they don't slip out of your pocket when you're leaning over to snap your upskirt pics.

As cute as having a little DS is, the fact that it can only hold two DS games makes this kinda iffy. However, if one of those games is the DS-Xtreme DS Media Enhancer, then you've got no problems. Plus, it's only $7.90.

By the by, do any readers have any recommendations for a GBA "game enhancer" for the DS? Turns out the DS-Xtreme only handles DS games and not GBA games.

May be this is what you saw...?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nope. The DS Lite "mini" he saw was playable, not a cartridge holder.
If it exists, it wouldn't be the equivalent of a GB Micro, it'd be more of a GBA SP v2.

But I think it's fake or something that only your country (Sweden?) has, because no one has ever heard of this before.

FireVisor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you know it may be me just imagining it all, but I am pretty sure I know what the sign said. And the DS I tried seemed different from my experience. The directional pad was way different like the DSi. I am going to my friends house right now and investigate his DS lite to see if I've made a mistake about all of this.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get some pictures of it, and then we'll believe you. Because, well, the DSi is kinda what the Micro is to the GBASP, only instead to the DSLite.

FireVisor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok guys... A small appology, the shop must've pulled some kind of small hoax. It's not a COMPLETELY new DS lite, but I am pretty convinced they have done some minor tweaks since I bought my DS lite.
Although not exactly like the DSi, the directional pad is a lot more "clicky". I could play Contra 4 on my friends DS, while on the one I sold, actiongames where you had to go diagonally were basicly impossible to play.

...well, that's that. Now I can have less rage towards the DS lite atleast.

Thanks anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: they be like which lite firefox exe pls