New Nintendo 3DS Black Screen of Death help?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Prode, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Prode
    OP

Prode Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    My NN3DS was supposedly "bricked" back in February because of the symptoms, only the blue LED would turn on, black screen, no sound and recovery mode would not work. I already bought another NN3DS because sending it to Nintendo for $100 and not being able to hack it was not worth it to me. When booting up you could temporarily for around 2-6 seconds move the cursor and the sound would play and also press the A button to start a game/program. Without knowing the layout of my 3DS, it was no luck to actually try to boot something up. I decided to start recovery mode and the the update screen and sound actually worked! I updated from my sysnand of 9.2 to 11.2 on my wifi with success and the system turned off and I had to manually reboot, but the screen was still black with the wifi light and sound on. I can still get into recovery mode with the screen showing up, but not the home menu. In February, I had menuhax and gateway loader for my cfw, I put the 3ds into sleep mode on emunand while playing Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam, went to bed and woke up to a black screen and only the blue LED with no sound. This led to my conclusion that it was bricked, but it obviously is not now. Any idea what the problem is? Sorry for the wall of text, but I can provide images or videos if needed, all help appreciated.