Hacking new nightmare for sony playstation 3: “the final hack”

MegaBassBX

The Noble Sate User
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Playstation-3-Hackedb.jpg

Hackers have released a new custom firmware for the PlayStation 3 that even grants the hacked consoles a way to connect with the PlayStation Network (PSN). What has made this news even more terrifying for Sony is the fact that this was soon followed by another public release from the hackers, in which the LVO decryption keys of the PlayStation 3 were made public. Are you wondering what it means? Well, some are of the opinion that this “final hack” will make the PlayStation 3 platform extremely susceptible to attacks from hackers all around

I guess Sony finally got fucked hard :nayps3:.

Tell me your opinions of this "FINAL HACK".

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
AFAIK that happened a while ago and it's still impossible to hack 3.55+ bar hardware downgrades. Also sauce?
And IMO hackers are fine, hackers who go online with hacked consoles are fine too, offline cheaters are fine, but online cheaters can die.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hackers make our systems more useful.

I agree, I have no sympathy for those caught cheating online and banned, but hacks are what allow us to even play newer games on our PS3 to begin with. Let us not forget that.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So..
If I get this correctly with this hack the FW will be spoofed in such a way that it's undetectable on PSN?

Sweet, I might actually do something with PSN then .__.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait, people are just now finding out about all of this?

this was all reported back in like, late october/ sometime in november, iirc. long enough ago that I was playing online before BLOPSII came out.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did not know about it, and I think some people don't or forgot about the hack !
Lets just say the hack is not where it should be yet.
If you go online without proper measures on CFW, you are likely to get banned quick. So its not worth putting the word out yet. We need a bootmii type hack that would make PS3 Brickproof.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
We still can only downgrade ps3 phats and ps3 slims that came with 3.55, metldr2 hasnt been cracked.
Let's hope team 3k3y will crack the 3000 and super slim consoles with their solution, it will also be alot safer for online play.
There are reports of people being banned because they used multiman on psn :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s